“A lovely traditional pub”

North Star Leytonstone
Ranked #296 of 1,325 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 20 January 2017

A great pub with a nice beer garden in the summer and great food on offer (Pizza and This food at certain times of the week), they do a fun pub quiz on a Sunday too and the staff are very friendly. Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Having had pizzas in the past, and enjoyed them immensely, we opted to try the Thai food on Friday last. I love Pad Thai and this was just a delight, the nicest I can remember. Himself had melt in the mouth beef massaman curry. The beer was a great too!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I was here with my family at the weekend. Evidently this is a popular pub. Staff were friendly, there was a good range of beers and by London standards I didn't think pints were too dear. There was Thai food available, but we sat in the back and had pizzas. My wife and I had the Four Cheese pizzas - very tasty, a bit greasy but they were Four Cheese after all. My wife thought a thicker crust might have soaked that up a bit. Pizzas were £8 each which we thought was fine. I saw a dog in the place so yes, it does appear to be pet friendly.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Yea a sad story of changing neighbourhood and community

Living in Leytonstone for twenty five year the Star and its sister pub the Bell on the High road ( run by sister!) were the pubs to hit but like most of the tied houses margins tightening and islamification has reduced trade. Both are shadows of their former glory

The Star had great food then outsoursed as a Asian themed foodie for a few years but that too dident cut the mustard.

The " Leytonstone village" set have kept it going through the leaner years and as now an infrequent visitor you get the feeling of it being very cleckie. You sit down and you feel the whole pub wants to know what you're doing there

I think the pub really suffered when three years ago the Red Lion reopened as a upmarket drinking spot and really cleaned the floor of all the non JDWitherspoon customers and I see no change in the near future.

With the exception of the Leytonstone festival once a year when the Star is the focus of live music and crack, I see it as a haunted house remembering better times.

Sorry if it sounds harsh I certainly used to love it fifteen years ago !

4  Thank Ken G