“below average food staff poor service”
Review of The Bobbin SW4

The Bobbin SW4
Ranked #518 of 1,338 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Came here for Sunday Roast. On first glance the pub/restaurant looked inviting. We asked for a seat and the waiter had initially said there was no where to sit and gave the impression they were also not bothered if we decided to stay or not. There actually was a table free which we decided to take. We ordered the roast beef, when it came out the beef was basically not cooked whatsoever- the outer part had seen about 30 seconds heat and the middle cold and raw. The veg was sparse and just warm. We showed the waitress who called her manager- again not apologetic but returned to the kitchen. It came back out the same meat having been put on the frying pan for an extra few minutes. The waitress then cleaning our table knocked over our bottle of wine. She brought us two more glasses in return. Overall meal was poor service was poor. Would not recommend eating here.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

I am not sure how this got a great review in time out as I thought the Sunday Roast was very average. Meat ok, roast potatoes tasted like they had been there for hours, gravy no taste at all and way too much garlic in the cabbage.

There are lots of places in South London that serve a very good roast lunch for the same price.
Staff were also pretty sullen

Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

I discovered The Bobbin a year ago after a quick google search to find somewhere near Lavender Hill that did a Sunday Roast. The Bobbin came up and I was surprised that I had never been - given that I have lived in Clapham for all my 29 years! What a delight the Bobbin is. It has a local, almost country feel which is a rare find in the metropolis of Clapham! The food is great and the menu changes often. I an now at the Bobbin a few times a week and proud to now call it my local (I have moved two streets away) give it a try - its a gem.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've never written a trip advisor review but such was the quality of the food I felt I had to!
In a time where too many pubs charge too much for mediocre roasts with the plate filled up with soggy yorkshires and veg, I found it refreshing to have a roast as good as this!

Quality, quality food, superb value too. I had the roast chicken, it came out looking superb and it didn't disappoint! Half a chicken, great tattys, lovely veg and gravy to die for!

All taken in a lovely, secluded garden with friendly staff.

Highly recommended

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were staggered at how good the food is. It was tuesday night late February and the place was packed. The nice thing is that its not just a dining pub. Plenty of drinkers enjoying some great beers on tap too and a few pub games to boot.
The management seem to have cracked the code, as whether you want to just meet for drinks or enjoy a really good meal, it seems to work on all levels and the staff pay a big part in this as they are welcoming and courteous.
I had a great hunk of cod in a very nice fennel sauce with side of samphire…washed down with a few glasses of albarino - doesn't get any better! thoroughly recommended