“Awesome welcoming bar!!!”

Add it.
Mascara Bar
Ranked #641 of 1,338 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My first time here, slightly away from all the usual Stoke Newington pubs etc. Well worth the visit. Live jazz until 3am! And it's awesome! The crowd here are really friendly too. Been living in the area for years and wish I came here earlier! Possibly my new local.

1  Thank Tom D

Reviewed 23 December 2016

Having lived in Stamford Hill my whole life I was excited to actually visit this venue.

But to be honest I wouldn't bother... Firstly, it visually is awful. It has no theme/ is seriously outdated/ doesn't seem to know what it is or who it is catering for. It is dingy/dark and crowded with crap on the walls. Just generally gross, which is disappointing considering it has so much potential as the only bar open that late nearby...

Secondly, it is CRAZY expensive! I was charged £5.20 for a pint... Come on this is Stamford Hill... not even proper Stoke Newington in a decent establishment do I get charged that much.

Thirdly, not at fault to the bar in a way but oh my GOD the clientele leave a lot to be desired: when entering the venue, were accosted by a group of weirdos out front smoking, shouting about how we were 17 shouldn't be allowed in.. (We are all 21/22) Then a few men decided to be really creepy/ when rejected make inappropriate sexual comments about us/ to us. Also, the people there had a real pretentious vibe (but with little to be pretentious about so it seemed)

Pros: the bar staff seemed friendly.

Like I said it is such a shame as this could genuinely be an interesting and cool spot in Stamford Hill.

1  Thank brose66