“Sleepless in London.....”

Ranked #954 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Sleepless in London.....”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

If you like to go back to basics, this is the place to be: tiny rooms (max width 2m), lukewarm water only and the shower has no water pressure so it takes about 15 minutes to rinse your hair. No hairdryer that works, no lift, no comfort, lots of funny smells, traffic noise 24/7 and you can hear everything your neighbour does. If you want all this, please go ahead and book. If you wish to stay in a real hotel: please reconsider and try something else. Definitely not somewhere where I want to go ever again!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We booked a triple room for 3 adults and ended up with a double bed and a
pull out sofa which was unbearable and should have been thrown out years ago. There was only 2 cups. The breakfasts that came were not what we ordered and the waitresses struggled to understand. The room was very expensive for what we got. We would not go back

• Stayed November 2011

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Cannes
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I would never even put an enemy in this hotel - it's the worst I have stayed in in the whole world, and I've stayed in some terrible places! The rooms are tiny (there was no room to put my suitcase down in the room), the manager won't speak to you when you want to complain and they call themselves (fraudulently I believe) a 4 star hotel. When I questioned their 4 stars, they told me they were 'self acclaimed' - I say they are simply liars. Even though the non British staff attempted to advise me that this is what hotels in London are like, I am British and have a good (monthly I might add) experience of hotels in London and the UK, and know that thier information is incorrect and so I am contacting the tourist office, Advertising Standards Authority and the Office of Fair Trading as these people need to stop selling themselves as something they are not! Thank God I didn't turn up with my wife for a romantic weekend in ths dump, and was luckily only visiting on business, alone! I asked for a refund for my second night (as I could not spend another night there), but they only agreed to refund half - I don't believe I should have been charged for the first nigh either, so I am now pursuing a total refund and will start county court proceedings against them in order to get my money back. These people are over selling what they have to offer, which means that if you go onto a booking site like Booking.com where I booked, and select 4 star hotels, this one will come up, so you think you'll be in a 4 star hotel - BUT YOU WON'T! This is a very VERY NASTY place!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms in his hotel - go or a one or two star hotel and you'll find it...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Nico_Cannes_France
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

On walking into my room I thought I had gone into the broom closet by accident. There was just room for a 6 foot bed no room for me and my bag in what little floor space was left. The shower stank of dampness and had the musky smell of a room left without any ventilation. The extractor was not working and found it had been switched off at the master switch. On turning it back on and using the bathroom at 4am found out why it had been switched off. If I woke my neighbour in the next rook I apologise.

There was black mould on the wall of the shower, the cable for computer access was broken and had been like that for sometime as someone had repaired it was black masking tape and the repair was so old that the tape had lost all stickiness. The blinds in the room wear badly worn as was thread bear stair carpet. The hotel advertises cable television I could only find three channels which is less that you can get from free to air.

Did report the faults and the receptionist on checking out was dismayed they had not been fixed.

Would not recommend this hotel but have stayed in worse.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Iain Y
Cornwall
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Stayed in this hotel on business in October, and was never so glad to leave. The hotel is dirty, the room standard is below that of a two star and the staff are indifferent if not ignorant, using the 'we don't understand' card constantly. The room considering the cost of the hotel is very small and the bathroom the size of a cupboard.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business