US$248
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$366
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,757 results
All reviewswest bromptonminute walktube stationdistrict linenorth end roadhi expressfulham broadwayyogurtbeansbuffet breakfastice machinethe sofa bedthe breakfast areabus stoptesco expressbudget hotelwould stay again
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Good value for a London hotel. Not centrally located but accessible by taxi and tube. Very handy if arriving by car as easy drive off the A4 and reasonably priced secure car parking. Usual holiday inn express basic offer, but clean, not overly noisy and relatively new.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I obtained this hotel through Hotwire and received an excellent rate. Even at their standard rack rates, I feel this hotel would be a great place to stay. It is about a 6-7 minute walk from two tube stations, immaculate in the lobby, hallways, and rooms. The rooms and bathrooms were well laid out and large. All of the staff members provided excellent service and were very friendly! The lift was a wonderful bonus, as all that walking had us really tired out. I can not say one negative or neutral thing about this hotel. If I ever make it back to London, I will definitely stay there again. The breakfast was plentiful and had a good variety. Remember, this is not the Ritz- it's better! Thank you to all of the staff members I encountered there. They even let us check in early because one member of our party was ill.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank msim42
Reviewed 24 December 2008

1. The hotel comes with a good value ($59 for a room per night for 2 people) compared to the price paid. The variety of breakfast is limited but adequate consider it is included in the room rate. But it is even more cheaper than a Hostel or Youth's Hostel for 2 people.

2. The bedding is not really comfortable in my opinion. They are cheap mattress pillows and blanket compared to Holiday Inn. The bathroom was okay.

3. The taxi booked by the hotel is extremely expensive. I don't recommend anyone pay for it because if so you will save money on a hotel (and quality) but spend on the taxi which is ridiculous.

4. The location is not really near to the tube station and it is a little far from city center.

5. There were noises from the hotel inside.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 December 2008

Just returned from 3 night stay. As previous reviews noted, location is a bit out of the way, but manageable. Neighborhood was fine - I felt perfectly safe walking to and from tube stop 7 min. away. Hotel was very clean, but the room was incredibly small for a family of four. The second bed was a sofa bed that was pulled out. There was literally no room for suitcases and maneuvering the small space was tough. As we did not plan on spending time in our room, this was not a huge deal, although I likely wouldn't choose this hotel again when traveling with children. The breakfast was well done - plenty of choices and well stocked.

The primary issue I had came when it was time to get a taxi to the airport. My husband requested a taxi from the front desk. We had taken a city cab from Heathrow when we arrived which was great. Up rolls a small nissan with no taxi sign, clearly not a licensed cab. I verified with the driver the cost as I was wary about what we would be charged upon arrival. There was no meter in the cab - clearly this was a friend of the hotel staff. The driver did not know the way to Heathrow (!) and had to stop and make a call for directions. Once we arrived, he didn't know what terminal we should be dropped at, had to make another call, and then managed to miss the correct exit for passenger drop off. We ended up in a parking garage, and had to lug our bags up a couple flights of stairs. A very strange experience. If you need to request a cab, verify with the front desk that they are calling a city cab. If I was traveling alone, I would have felt very uncomfortable just getting into a random car that was clearly not a licensed taxi.

Despite the frustrating taxi experience, we found the hotel to be very clean, and an economical choice for London if you don't mind it being a bit out of the way.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank rush2112Cork
Reviewed 12 December 2008

A+++ stay. This is a relatively new hotel and it shows. The hotel rooms are in excellent condition and the feel of the rooms are a modern design. The Holiday Inn Express chains are in my opinion one of the best hotels around because they have spent a lot of money thinking about design with quality albeit in a small space. The neighborhood has shops and restaurants so all your needs are met. The breakfast is a healthy cold cereal, fruit, and juice in a delightful surrounding.

It is next to two tube stations.

If you have a lot of luggage consider taking a bus or using the Earl's Court tube station. Earl's Court, even though it is further away, is a wheelchair accessible. Earl's Court area also has the better restaurants.

The staff at the hotel are quite good and helpful. Again, I found this is a superb hotel.

Pseattle1

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Pseattle1