“luxurious apartments”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #8 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Fantastic and luxurious apartments, close to St. James's Park metro station 300m

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Derbas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review 51 Buckingham Gate Taj Suites and Residences.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the luxury of our suites and we truly hope we will see you soon again.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Having stayed at the Waldorf Hotel a couple of weeks ago and had a thoroughly miserable (and expensive) experience, my husband and I wanted somewhere special to stay whilst we were in London for the weekend - and we found it @ 51 Buckingham Gate. From booking, through check-in, Butler Services, complimentary cocktails and canapes and finally check out - we couldn't have asked for anything more. Every single member of staff we encountered were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble at all. We already had our weekend planned but if we had required any assistance in getting around or booking a restaurant, theatre or attraction, I know they would have come up trumps. We stayed in a junior suite and it surpassed expectation. Fully fitted (and I mean fully fitted) kitchen, great big bathroom with every amenity you could need, super comfy American kingsize bed, iPod dock, DVD player (DVD library card supplied in the room) and a personal handwritten welcome card from the Manager in the room for when we arrived. We did not try breakfast as we were out and about early, but I know that it would've been the same standard as everything else. The hotel is a stone's throw from St James's Park tube so location is great.

My husband and I travel to London at least once a month and have stayed in different hotels each time trying to find 'the right one' - our seach is now over, we need look no more - 51 Buckingham Gate will have our custom everytime.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SockMonkie

Dear SockMonkie,

Thank you ever so much for such wonderful account of your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and specially for rating us you new favourite hotel in London, this is wonderful news for us and we truly appreciate it.

I do hope that the next time you stay at 51 you will stay for a longer period of time and have the opportunity to take advantage of the many things you missed at the hotel this time around.

Please do get in contact with our concierge in advance and let them plan your day for you, you will be delighted with the amount of things they can source for you.

Thank you once again and see you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I just returned from a business trip to London and it was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had in a long time -and this was due to my stay at 51 Buckingham Gate. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment which was wonderfully appointed All the small touches in the room made me feel very much at home. The staff were very friendly and went above and beyond the call of duty to service the clients and nothing was a bother and they made you feel welcome. The food was excellent. The evening cocktail hour each evening was a nice way to wind down before going out for dinner. The two restaurants in the complex -Bank and Quilon were excellent and the standard of service very high This hotel is worth every penny and friends and family living in London were amazed at what it had to offer. I will definitely recommend to my friends and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: I was told that King House is the newest and the higher floors - 6 and 7 are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear FunkeO

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of your experience at 51 Buckingham Gate.

I am very pleased to know that your business trip became a homely experience by choosing to stay with us and that you apreciated among many other things the additional space you had in a two bedroom suite.

Our desire is to make you feel truly comfortable and relaxed so that once you walk into the hotel you are home.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the cocktail hour in The Library and the food in the restaurants. The next time you stay with us you should try the new menu at The Hamptons Bar (across the Courtyard in our sister's hotel lobby) there are some amazing dishes in a relaxed yet very good looking bar.

We very much look forward to see you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is the best hotel I've been so far regarding the service and the hospitality in general! The staff was way more than helpful and friendly as well. Loved the afternoon drinks and tea! Thanks a lot!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tinkerbell_edi

Dear Tinkerbell_edi

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at 51 Buckingham Gate and thank you for your kind words about the service you received from my colleagues.

I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Built by the cheapest contractors. Hot water around the wrong way. Toilet tilted so much you feel like you're about to fall off. Contractors working through-out the day with their loud drills. Staff are nice. Breakfast and internet not included in price, which is shocking for this day and age, especially in a five star hotel. Stay here if you want a headache.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Welltraveledkiwi
Araceli-London, Front Office Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Welltraveledkiwi,

I would like to thank you for not only choosing to stay with us at 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites and Residences, but also for your precious time giving your feed back. I am Sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction and that we could not come up to your expectations.

We take pride in our service and your satisfaction is paramount to us, therefore, we are also in the process of improving our Suites and to be prepared for much awaited Olympics. Our refurbishment work takes place between 10 am and 5 pm and I do apologise that the refurbishment work created inconvenience for you.

We take our guest’s feedback seriously and act on them without a delay, just so that we could serve you and all our guests better. If at all convenient, we would love to speak to you in person at your preferred time and I have furnished my E Mail address for any direct correspondence to gather a detailed feedback on your experience, as we would like to achieve excellence in all aspects of our Hotel and we would love to take your points and experience on board to get the services better.

Once again, thank you for your time and valued observations. The Team looks forward to welcoming you back to the Newly Refurbished and Contemporary Suites and meanwhile; please do let me know if I could be of any assistance, it will be a sheer pleasure to serve you.

Kind Regards