“Really not as bad as the other reviews suggest”
Review of Mexican Grille

Mexican Grille
Ranked #17,483 of 25,029 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

This place came up on a taste card offer so we thought we'd give it a try although we'd seen some of the other reviews. We weren't sure what to expect as the place was pretty empty at 6.30 on a Saturday. The staff seemed friendly and we were served promptly. There were 6 of us and between us, we tried the mex grill, enchilada, chimichanga and a couple of childrens meals. We all enjoyed our meals and not sure why they've been getting such negative reviews. The atmosphere in the restaurant could do with a bit more livening up - a couple of members of staff were at the back on their phones and seemed really disinterested! The music was pretty quiet and sounded more oriental then Mexican hah we would definitely go back as they have a wide selection of options on the menu

2  Thank Raihan A

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Food tasted very off after waiting a long time for service, left me vomiting the day after and a night in hospital due to food poisoning, never again. Charged an extra service charge after purchasing a Groupon voucher, nightmare of a dinner!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The restaurant itself looks tired and needs refreshing.

Most of the staff were nice however two members struggled with English.

The starters were a let down and I kept thinking of all the many negative reviews for this place and told myself why am I doing this to us. Anyway main followed and this was an improvement!

The cheese fries and nachos were bad but we do much better at home.

We ordered the Mex-Mix sharing platter. Not too keen on chicken but the chipotle wings and whole cajun chicken was the best part of the whole meal, they were tender, juicy and flavoursome. The beef strips were dry and tough however the fajta chops had good flavour but also dry and tough. Corn ok but were lukewarm. Chips fine but rice not good.

When I called to make a reservation and mentioned I had a Gourmet Society card that I'll like to use, the staff member told me a 15% service charge will be applied however no limit on party size. On a previous occasion I made an enquire and they said 12.5% service charge and max party of 4 which meant two different terms.

Had our meal, asked for the bill and when it came it looked incorrect and I worked out the service charge to be 24.65% which is too much.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Hour and a half late through Uber Eats. My fish tacos were made of pink fish - maybe trout? salmon? tuna? And smelt like cat food. Didn't eat them. Rice was microwaved. Tortilla chips were not made of tortillas and soaked in oil. Dips would be more at home in an Indian takeaway - tasted like red chutney and cucumber raita. Chips microwaved and soggy.

1  Thank Isabelle G
Reviewed 11 October 2016

the main boss argued with us over the quality of the food and salmon was terrible the beef was like something wrigleys would make

the milkshakes were not made with milk and were very watery and they were warm... warm milkshake? really?

they then tried to contest the groupon voucher

very ignorant supervisor tried to justify poor quality food... wish i read the reviews first

and they admitted chef wasnt mexican #

terrible place to eat just turn it back into a kebab shop

was cold draft in the restaurant as well

do not dine here