“Dangerous”

Cuisines: Bar
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 6 April 2018

When paying for a drink at Freuds an additional payment of £28 left my account via a contactless payment that I didn't authorise. There's a lot of evidence to suggest it may have been one of the bar staff as the payment went through whilst one of them was holding my card, 14 seconds before the payment for my drink. This was all explained to me by my bank and then double comfirmed. Freuds bar didn't seem to understand the problem and didn't seem to want to show me the CCTV footage. I'd recommend being very vigilant if you do decide to go! Very expensive for a house bottle of wine too.

5  Thank Harry Y

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Review update: I don't usually repeat reviews but it has been a while and whilst having visited Freud's a few time I thought now would be good to review again. A family big occasion and we started at Freud. Here the range, size and strength of the cocktails make this an affordable option. Don't be put off by the cellar step entrance and yes, it is a little tired but that is exactly part of the charm... no pretensions, relaxed with a great atmosphere. The art on the wall is interesting and worthy of a look.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Tiny little cocktail bar down steep metal stairs in basement. Nice friendly vibe. Very loud music! Had a nice drink and moved on elsewhere which was our plan. Think this is what a lot of people do, so it seems fairly easy to grab a seat or 2. Impressed that the bar tender came and cleaned the tables.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Its got a great atmosphere, amazing selection of cocktails and felt like hidden gem to stumble across

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is one hell of a hidden gem in downtown London, a friend took us there and we couldn't believe it! Would have never imagined what amazing cocktails you can have just by venturing down those stairs!

Date of visit: February 2017