“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Belgrove Hotel

Belgrove Hotel
Ranked #923 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here for one night in a triple room - the room was extremely clean and tidy on arrival and had all the amenities we needed - TV, shower and toilet.
The staff were very friendly and the breakfast included in the price was of a good quality.
The room had a double bed and a single and had more than enough room.
When reading the more negative reviews once I had booked I was slightly worried, but I am glas I gave The Belgrove a chance as it is an extremely comfortable hotel and is excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We booked this hotel for a one night stay in London and wanted somewhere close to Kings Cross. We have stayed in numerous BB hotels in London and this is by far the worse. Whilst I appreciate this is a budget BB I would at least expect cleanliness however the place is dirty , shabby and run down. We booked a double room and the bed was more a 3/4 size presumably to accomodate the tiny room size. At 3.30am the noise from other rooms started , people moving around, banging doors etc and this went on until around 5.45am. When we checked in we were earlier than the stated time but was told the room was ready as it had just been cleaned, despite this we found old socks under furniture ( had obviously been there a while!). This place needs closing down!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julie g

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Needed a triple room close to Eurostar This hotel looked ideal when we looked at photos on website when we booked.Family arrived with one 6 year old daughter, straight away we noticed how dirty and run down the place was. It was obvious the photos on the website had been staged; the good reviewers on the site probably had that room. We did not dare to use the shower as it was totally inadequate and dangerous, I feared that my daughter would hurt her feet on the broken and lose tiles.The toilets filthy and without lighting. Our room was tiny and had not seen a cleaner for weeks .The mains to television taped up, there were broken cupboard doors, torn wallpaper with graffiti no light shades. I think your getting the picture. The bedding was clean .
I know this hotel was cheap and was only used for somewhere to rest our heads before traveling to Paris ( we were never expecting the Ritz)., People will argue you get what you pay for. I feel however there is no excuse for the level of filth and lack of care we experienced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank rob a
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I booked this hotel mainly due to its location as it was very close to Kings Cross and the Eurostar terminal as i was on my own with my 2 children aged 9 and 4 on route to Disneyland Paris. On arrival a man on reception informed me that i was staying on the 4th floor no offer of help or any information regarding breakfast etc. After a long struggle with 2 cases 2 bags and 2 kids ( up lots of stairs) we arrived at room 45. It was next to the shower room (which i refused to use very dirty) and the toilet which was blocked after about an hour of our arrival and was still like that when we left. First impressions of the room were of shock i could not believe that a hotel would rent a room out in this condition. The back was hanging off the wardrobe the doors were hanging off, the drawers were broken and the wallpaper was brown with dirt. It was very hot and the windows wouldnt open either. In the morning we went down for breakfast the food was very basic. The bacon was overdone the beans cold and the coffee very bitter. The whole experience was horrible. I would never ever stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank trakyharry
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Dirty, impossible to fall asleep , so much noise, dirt averywhere, 5 nights and sheets no changed, the smell Pictures of room does not match in terms of reality .No shower lock or toilet Sink tap half broken,doors have not seen basic rep. probably since 1950.The worse: prostitutes comming ,I booked the EUROPEAN HOTEL but got there to find out they lost my reservation so they put me up in the Belgrove. I was not happy as researched both hotels on tripadviser and knew the belgrove wasn't good but there was nowhere else free at last minute that i could afford. I paid £55 for a single en suite in the European but got a triple in the belgrove...NOT as good a deal as you think..read on...

the doors fire doors were propped open illegally with fire extinguishers.
My room door didnt open fully into the bedroom - illegal again. the shower room had cracked broken tiles, open seals and the hot water took 5 mins of running to come thru.

The toilet cubicle has a plastic cistern with cig burn marks all over it (non smoking room too!) and the place stunk of sewerage. The bin hadn't been emptied either.

the bedroom was a double and single bed crammed into a small room with a small tv exposed pipes and wires strewn across the walls and floors trip hazard for an adult let alone a child. the room over looked roofs and backs of buildings with the smokers area right outside and the back of a fast food joint pumping stick into the room via the broken latched sash window.

the walls and surfaces were marked and burned. the bed was no comfy but had smells on the pillows and holes in the sheets,

on my arrival a man was staying there and brought his "fiancée" for a visit - clearly a prostitute!

Awful, awful place