“Quick breakfast coffee and croissant”
Review of Alchemy

Alchemy
Ranked #210 of 1,325 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: First retail outlet for Alchemy Coffee. Serving directly traded and ethically sourced coffee, roasted in London, with a focus on their unique flavours and character. Up to 5 coffees to choose from every day.
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Alchemy is small in a very boutique-y and artisan sense. Barista coffees with slightly pretentious names, rare sources and described by flower and flavour notes.

The coffee was good and the pastries all seemed fresh and appetising.

No question of a return visit but I wouldn't go far out of my way other than.... the coffee cup art (pictured) which is highly amusing for those of us with a puerile mind.

2  Thank Paul K

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The best coffee I had in London. These guys know what they are doing. The homemade cakes and sweets are great. Next time I would definitely go for a some wine from their interesting selection.

1  Thank Moh'd B
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Popped in here whilst in London to top up the caffeine levels. It is located not far from St Paul's Cathedral and whilst of the main drag it isn't that hard to find.
It is a small shop with some benches and stools in the window if you want to stay in.
There were four different coffees available, 2 espresso and 2 filter. I went for a Guatemalan filter which was excellent.
There are some sandwiches, pastries and cakes if you are hungry. I had a ham and cheese croissant which was very good. The cakes were very tempting but I resisted. May give them a try on my next visit.
If you like good coffee this place is well worth a visit.

1  Thank Johnathan M
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Small, busy with the best coffee I've ever had. Fantastic staff. My go to place for coffee. The pastries are great also.

1  Thank Kevin_US_NL
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We made a slight detour to try out the coffee in this well recommended place - it was well worth the extra steps and indeed merits a special trip when we are next in London.
The flat white coffee was absolutely top notch - they even had a choice of two beans which matched well the slightly differing tastes of my wife and me.
We will certainly be back!

1  Thank GrumpsDC