“Great Find”

Ranked #198 of 1,339 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Expected frozen microwaved pub food how wrong I was, wonderful food, great chef.

I use this venue for lunch with groups after visiting The Nunnery Gallery also recommend by the way.

Most impressed when we arrived early for our lunch booking when the manager apologised there would be a delay in ordering pizzas as the chef was still making the dough! It was certainly worth the wait.

This is now a regular venue for my East End walks. They also welcome dogs and have treats for them behind the bar.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I visited on friday with friends. I was drinking Trumans, was perfectly conditioned.

We ordered two pizzas, value for money. Highly recommend

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely pub , old , rustic and great character , on a Wednesday they serve great meals and you are never disappointed when you visit this pub . I normally visit at least once a month and always glad to eat at this place and have a nice catch up with friends .

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Pizza and a drink for £10 on Mondays, you can't go wrong. The pizzas were huge, tasty and nicely topped.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I visited with a friend last night, and left after one drink ( which I regretted ordering). At six o clock in the evening the music was far too loud for a conversation, the atmosphere was not welcoming and the service was mediocre, despite not being busy. The barman seemed to take pleasure in telling me there was no gluten free food available ( I'm a coeliac), then offered me chips. This didn't fill me with confidence. Staff clearly need more training on food safety. Would not return.