“Appalling service and substandard food”
Review of Mozzarella & More

Mozzarella & More
Ranked #13,134 of 25,257 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Reminiscent of a traditional Italian Trattoria, Mozzarella & more offers well executed and authentic Italian food, served with the warmth of Italian family hospitality. Mozzarella & more is one of the only London based restaurants to produce their own homemade cheese, which means they can offer their customers the very freshest creamy burrata,delicate buffalo mozzarella and naturally smoked Mozzarella.Creating dishes such as 'Burrata and aromatic ricotta with parma ham and fig reduction' or 'Buffalo Mozzarella with sun blushed tomatoes, basil and olive oil'.The heartier trattoria menu, which complements the mozzarella menu, includes dishes such as 'grilled octopus salad with cannellini beans and pesto' or 'Rosemary lamb chops with toasted aromatic breadcrumbs'or 'Sea bass with a Sicilian oil, lemon and parsley dressing'. Many of these dishes are prepared on their charcoal grill and wood fired oven.The dedicated menu of homemade pastas, made daily, includes dishes such as 'ravioli stuffed with Devon crabmeat, Amalfi lemon, ricotta cheese and fennel and tomato sauce'. Real Southern Italian flavours, created from genuine regional recipes and using Neopolitan ingredients resonate throughout these dishes.A daily changing dessert menu includes cheesecakes,freshly baked tarts and chocolate souffles, alongside more contemporary deserts such as the Ferrero Roche cake or Focaccia all Nutella. A carefully selected wine list has been created, many of which can be enjoyed by the glass, carafe or bottle. As well as crafted cocktails, including Italian Classics.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Living very close, my boyfriend has been to Made in Italy on the King's Road a number of times and is very happy with the pizzas on offer there. I frequently walk past Mozzarella & More and have always been intrigued by 'home made mozzarella, burratta etc'. I felt so strongly about my experience there tat I emailed the following comments to the restaurant and it's elder sister Made In Italy, expecting a response from what is part of a well-established group in London. Nothing.
> When we finally visited a week or so ago, the home-made burratta was very disappointing, almost without flavour, and the rest of the food was equally bland (crab linguine- no discernible chilli- and gnocchi, with a boring soup-like tomato sauce and the extremely disappointing burratta). I suspect a starter of calamari fritti was from the freezer and the olives were quite frankly horrible, a very poor offering from an Italian deli when compared to those on the menu for cheaper at other non-specialist restaurants. We gave dessert a miss, not wanting to risk ruining our magical memories of cannoli from a recent holiday in Sicily.
> Meanwhile the service, although the waitress was quite friendly, was extremely poor. We waited for a long time for our pasta- no wonder as the chef, who looked strained at his workload despite cooking for only three tables, was off embracing and chatting to another customer across the restaurant. While we were treated with ambivalence at best, the noisy and demanding table of four next to us were waited on hand and foot by the waitress who plied them with all manner of dishes to try from the deli while they waited for their pasta. When the pasta did arrive, as they were unsatisfied, she offered to have an alternative made. This blatant preferential treatment was very irritating.
> I paid the bill for roughly £65 feeling extremely disgruntled and disappointed by my experience at Mozzarella & More and will never visit it or Made in Italy again.

1  Thank flem_sarah

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The place is very nicely decorated and pleasant. This only got a 2 because the lady serving the take away lunch was so nice.

In fairness I didn't order from the menu but from the take away section. I ordered a parmegiana which was heated in a microwave. When I got back to my desk to eat it was awful. The pasta was like rubber and it left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Sorry guys not recommended on that count. I will go back and order from the menu. Hopefully I won't be so disappointed.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Mozarella and More is the sister restaurant of Made in Italy. It is a a fun place to eat and I would recommend it as its well priced and the food is tasty. However, I do prefer Made in Italy.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I went here after a disastrous experience at nearby Made in Italy (see my review on their page). This place is so much better by far -- prompt service, great food, great ambience, great seats and an enjoyable nice with a friendly smile. Won't go back, because there are thousands of restaurants around London to get through first -- but if you're thinking about going, try it!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We walked in on a late Saturday afternoon. The place was empty, bar for a couple of unhappy-looking staff (we gathered from their conversation that the restaurant is problematically understaffed) and looked sparkling clean.

We ordered one scamorza starter, one chicken, one gnocchi and two desserts. The first dishes took about 50 minutes to arrive, which was ok since we were conversing anyway; after which the orders arrived at a reasonable speed.
The starter was nice but very oily; the chicken still pink-ish and the gnocchi drowned in very liquid sauce. The dessert were small but good. Two baskets of (admittedly delicious and home-made) bread costed us a staggering £3 each. The bill came at £80, service and mineral water included. I suppose it's King's Road prices. The service was slow and rather sullen.

If you go there, have bread and cakes -- those were the best items on the menu. It wasn't a totally negative experience (well, we were hungry and we got fed, and the place was pleasantly quiet and spic-and-span) but I doubt I'll ever go back.

Date of visit: June 2014