“Mr”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go out for breakfast. We have being here a few other times. Previous visits was good as I did a review on this place sometime last year. But on this occasion it was like we were in a different place. First of all we ordered our drinks which arrives in good time I must say. Secondly the drinks was nice I had a pineapple, Appel & mint while my wife had the good old earl grey tea. Now this is where it changes for the worst. My wife ask for soya milk instead of normal milk. This was a 50 pence charge for the very small-mini milk jar. A carton of soya cost £150 so 50p for such small amount is a rip off. For the breakfast part I had the full English breakfast. My beacon was under cooked the fatty skin on the outside which I like I have to pick off. Sausage taste like the once from the supermarket freezer. My wife had the sweet corn fritters with a poached egg on top. All the meal came except for the poached eggs which did arrive not long after. The sweet corn fritters was very under cooked. It was soft and very soggy. What surprise us the most is that none of the four staff on the front of house never even bother to do a check back to see if our meal is ok. And it was not busy. One of the staff was literally bitting her nails behind the counter. We mention about the fritters was not cooked when we were paying the bill. It was taken off our bill but a simple check back could have sorted out all this in one go. Disappointed.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were at Kings college hospital and nipped out here for brunch. As ever a high standard of food. This time we had the full english breakfast which did not disappoint!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Lovely place had a seriously good cheese and mushroom omelette and huge eggs florentine with mint tea. Place had a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I have only gone here for brunch - they have an awesome menu with a wide range of breakfast options - try the omelette!! An amazing post night shift escape

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Love this beautiful coffeeshop, which is close to Kings College hospital. I’ve been to the hospital a few times for various things and I always pop into the coffeeshop on my way in or out.

Love the sandwich selection as well as the varied food menu!

The art downstairs is pretty damn cool too!

1  Thank kanddhanson