“Great Food at very reasonable price”
Review of Wolkite

Wolkite
Ranked #85 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: It is an ethiopian restaurant which serves authentic and traditional food . In this restaurant you could get a wider selection of meat, vegitable, fish and chicken dishes. We serve our food with gluten free teff enjera and rice. We also have Ethiopian beer , Wine and home brewe hony wine.
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

The food was great. Vegetarian will be pleased as much as the meat eaters!
The service was great and fast! I highly recommend this place

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was our favorite restaurant throughout the year we lived (studied) in London (Islington). We brought friends, family and had our aniversary at this place. The staff is amazing, the food incredibly good (try the lamb ribs, insane) and the environment is very friendly. We must have been here 10 times over the course of 1 year, so its on our top recommended restaurant (for sure).
I addition to all this, it is really cheap!! Dine well for hours with wine, sharing platters and dessert for a group of 6 people (approx GBP25 per person). Cannot complain.

If you havent tried ethiopian food before, this is the place to start!

1  Thank enriqued372
Reviewed 23 September 2018

My first time trying Ethiopian food and it was amazing! really flavoursome and loved using the injera to eat. The honey wine was amazing, definitely recommend! Also the staff are all lovely and really helpful when it comes to ordering something you'll enjoy. A must visit in London

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I was very excited to book this place as i am always curious about different cultures and flavours; I booked online and never got a confirmation so i called them and the lady hung up on me lol. We went and anyway there were empty tables; not very welcoming at all. We opted for the chicken wot and vegetarian selection of various dishes over a large round piece of Ethiopian bread.Included was also a separate basket filled with more Ethiopian bread rolled up. There is no cutlery therefore you need the bread to soak up the food and sauces..unfortunately the bread tastes bitter and slightly citrusy which makes it impossible to eat enough to finish the food..after a few pieces both me and my friend had nausea..every single vegetarian option was either bitter or sour and very unpleasant, i forced myself for a while to show my friend that it wasnt that bad, but after a while i also gave up. the chicken wot consisted of a single piece of chicken submerged with thick brown sauce called berbere which wasnt bad, the only problem was finding something to eat it with, once the tiny piece of chicken had been eaten..90% of the food was on the plate when we left and we were still hungry..there is a chance that other Ethiopian restaurants might be better than this, but i am afraid this one put me off Ethiopian food for life and i have no intention of trying more!! With all the delicious choice of restaurants in London there is really no chance i am gonna waste my money again!!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve never had Ethiopian food before, and loved the experience of eating using injera as a plate and cutlery all at once! They had a great variety of lentil dishes, as well as greens and we also shared a fantastic lamb curry. The manager also came out to explain each dish to us. Will definitely be bringing friends back here for the experience of sharing food in this way.