“Excellent ”

Ranked #2,410 of 24,988 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: The site of the first Real Greek restaurant, this Hoxton branch serves a popular menu of Greek 'street food' to a relaxed, buzzy crowd of workers and locals. Sharing platters, souvlaki and mezedes make up the bulk of the menu, with portions for children and a well-chosen list of wines and cocktails. The stylish interior has an unobtrusive, easygoing feel, and there are two rooms available for private functions.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Was a little surprised at the no knife and fork situation but added to the enjoyment!
Great messy dirty food. Highly recommended

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a lively burger joint offering good food and a good beer selection and some interesting cocktails !
You may need to be prepared to wait but the food is worth the wait.
We enjoyed the Bacon Cheeseburger, two excellent Chicken Parma and a Tower Block and they were all well priced at £8.75.
For sides we had Cheese Fries, Mac and Cheese and Deep fired pickles which were all very good.
Good selection of craft beers too !
The only downside was the service which was poor at best and it took nearly 20 minutes to pay the bill !

MEATmission, Manager at Meat Mission, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your visit. We are glad you enjoyed your food and cocktails. The Tower Block is a firm favourite amongst our team.

I would also like to apologise about the slow service you received, and that it wasn't up to our usual standards. If you would like to provide us with more information so that we can look in to this for you, please email me at info@MEATmission.com

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

As with too many try-hard restaurants in London these days, the restaurant itself is pointlessly over-stylised and the music is too loud. That said, the food is excellent - the dirty chicken cheeseburger is my favourite burger in London, and the deep fried mac and cheese is worth the inevitable heart attack. Fortunately, the restaurant offers takeaway on Deliveroo, so if you’re close enough you can enjoy the food without having to deal with the location.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at MEATmission. We are glad that you enjoy the food (I also love the mac and cheese) and are disappointed to hear that the atmosphere is not to your taste. It can get quite loud during our busy periods, however lunch service and evenings early in the week/Sunday's tend to be a lot more tame.

We hope you continue to enjoy your takeaways and that we see you again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Went here for an afternoon meal on a Saturday- when my boyfriend and I entered, the venue was almost empty. We asked for a table for four, as we were waiting for friends, and the fellow at the door acted like it was a massive inconvenience- especially when my boyfriend asked for a table with seating that has a back to it as I have arthritis and need support for my back. Had a drink at the bar while we were waiting- the bartender was quick and efficient.
When we got our booth, we constantly felt like we were being rushed- for drinks, food orders, etc. The flow of people was starting to trickle in, but again, they weren’t massively busy for a Saturday afternoon.
Food was okay, wasn’t overwhelmingly good or bad- I had a bbq chicken burger that literally just tasted of the sauce, and when I tried the deep fried pickles (something that I have had a fair amount of back home in Canada) they were bland and tasteless- literally just tasted of fried batter. My friend also had the burger to which she agreed it was bland- my boyfriend and hers had proper burgers and said they were nice, so maybe it was just our choices?
Highlight was the photobooth as a cute souvenir, however good lord that booth is tiny for one person, let alone two!

MEATmission, Manager at Meat Mission, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Hi Hayley,
Thanks for your feedback on your recent visit, we're sorry to hear that it wasn't up to our normal standards of service. We'd love the chance to make things right, so if you could email us on info@meatmission.com with a bit more info on what went wrong that'd be really appreciated.
All the best,
Sofia

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I was trying to find somewhere that my other half would really appreciate for a meat orientated dinner, and i feel like he had the time of his life!

We all tried a alcohol shake and they were divine, Eton Mess and Lemon Meringue pie was just soo good but i wish that they were bigger, that's my only criticism, buuuut saying that if they were we would probably not have finished our dinner so maybe its for the best to get your full experience.

3/4 of us ordered the tower chicken burger and all had something substituted or taken off and they got all our order correct and the 1 other had a parma chicken burger which was gone before i even got a look in so it must have been good.

Everything was served on a big baking tray so you can make all the mess you like without plates, the food was just so good i can't say it enough. We had been drinking most of the day so i might be exaggerated but so for some good burger eating and side dishes it was just what we wanted/needed!

The decor and staff were friendly and attentive and we had a great first time experience!

MEATmission, Manager at Meat Mission, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your first visit to MEATmission.

Next time you should try one of our Boozy shakes, maybe the Tennessee Maple, or Banoffee Hi. They're slightly bigger than the dessert shakes, and just as tasty.

Hope to see you and your other half again very soon.