“Highly recommended! ”

Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: The original Bombay cafes have almost all disappeared. Their faded elegance welcomed all: rich businessmen, sweaty taxi-wallas and courting couples. Fans turned slowly. Bentwood chairs were reflected in stained mirrors, next to sepia family portraits. Students had breakfast. Families dined. Lawyers read briefs. Writers found their characters. Opened early last century by Zoroastrian immigrants from Iran, there were almost four hundred cafes at their peak in the 1960s. Now, fewer than thirty remain. Their loss is much mourned by Bombayites.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Loved everything about this restaurant, welcoming attitude, well mannered stuff, very helpful with the menu, so many options, the food served HOT and WELL SPICED, authentic tase, good vibes, nice music, amazing atmosphere. I’ll definitely come back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,368)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Good food, good atmosphere. Just delicious and a lot of variety! Recommend to make a reservation beforehand.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It was my parents second visit to the restaurant and my first after my parents were stunned by the food and knew that I had to visit.
Dishoom certainly made an impact on our family , with such a friendly attentive atmosphere that is also so relaxed we immediately felt comfortable .
The food was amazing as well as the drinks . Both the drinks and food menu were well tried and tested with no faults.
We will certainly be recommending to friends and hope be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for Breakfast as usual and it’s always superb. My usual breakfast is the sausage and egg naan which was delicious as always.
Great service, great food, great prices.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Sunday morning and I tried to get into Waffle & Duck without a reservation. Long queue, I didn't wait and instead headed to Dishoom at Shoreditch. I'm very glad I did that.

Nice ambience I had a table in the covered outdoor area - tucked in a corner to be private but where the service still didn't miss you. I had a breakfast Naan (which I saw from the other table) that was just lovely. That bottomless glass of Chai tea, especially, was fantastic.

Highly recommended!