US$316
  • Pool
US$350
US$313
  • Restaurant
Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London(London)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$274
  • Fitness centre
Park Grand London Kensington(London)
US$150
US$134
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$191
US$291
Montague Hotel
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$380/night.

US$108
US$101
US$274
US$171
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

All reviewsbalham stationtravel lodgenorthern linehear trainsbreakfast boxgreat locationtrain noisehigh streetroom was cleanasked for a quiet roombars and restaurantsnight's sleepbudget hotelgood nights sleeplight sleeperstayed here for two nightsreception staff
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Really friendly staff, huge room and very clean. Bed very comfy and very quiet in the room. It was a little stuffy when I first came in because of the small heater, and I don't think there is air conditioning so it's probably fine in the winter-summer not sure. Perfect spot for the tube.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We use Travel Lodge when ever we are away for a couple of days in the UK. You know what you get and whilst a no frills chain the price is always good. When we retired on the first night we found the carpet next to the shower room was soaking wet. The lady on reception was most helpful; as all rooms were taken she gave us a supply of towels to cover the area. The following morning they moved us to a dry room, again the staff were very apologetic and moved our luggage whilst we were out for the day. On leaving the manager gave us a refund for one night a very kind and unexpected gesture of goodwill.

The hotel is right next to the tube, Balham has lot going for it with great amenities and it is so easy to get into Town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the right side away from the Tube line
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Helpful staff on arrival. Asked for 2 rooms on quiet side of hotel which we had. Lovely comfortable beds , clean rooms & powerful showers. Good location next to Balham underground station. Free parking on road nxt to hotel between 1730 - 930 nxt morning. Excellent value

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Stayed here last week on a Sunday night and paid just £39 which is a great price and found the hotel to be very comfortable, clean and modern. The reception staff were really nice and chatty which is so nice after a 4 hour journey.

Arrived late and left early but had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

As soon as we tried to check in, they informed us that, for whatever ridiculous reason they have come up with, we had to pay for the room again, even though we had prepaid for our booking. Their reasoning was that this is because we are are international travellers and we might be involved in fraud (sounds racist to me, especially when they told me that British travellers don't have to do that). However, when I told them that I will leave, then they said that they would keep the money in case of cancellation. To sum up: I paid online, they said that they would not process that payment, and I had to pay again, otherwise they would process the payment and take my money anyway, but lose the room. For those of you that might say that I will get one of the two payments back anyway: I AM HERE ON A BUDGET!!! Travelodge just took away two thirds of my budget, my money will be returned in 3 days if I am lucky, and in the meantime I don't have money to spend in London. Thank you travelodge for your ridiculous policy, that was lost somewhere in your huge pages of terms and conditions. Thank you for ruining my holidays for no reason. Thank you for predetermining my chances of commiting fraud based only on my nationality. I will never forget that.

PS one: The security standards of the building is ridiculous: one of the employees asked to use my card to go insite the building because she had forgotten her card. When I complained, she suggested that showing me her blue shirt should be enough to convince me that she is a staff member.

PS two: The main receptionist who handled my check-in (first name Mo) was the kindest and most helpful person in the world, and I am not being sarcastic. This is clearly a case of incompetent management that do not deserve to have such good employees.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge London Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Many Thanks for submitting your review.

We're so sorry to hear about your recent stay with us at our London Balham Travelodge and would like to hear more about your experience. Please may we kindly request you contact us with your review via the website so we can investigate your stay for you.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.