“Amazing ”

Shaftesbury Theatre
Ranked #285 of 1,815 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shaftesbury Theatre at the top of Shaftesbury Avenue.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited mid week to see Motown the musical what an amazing show had poor seats but asked for different seats nothing was too much trouble all the staff we spoke to were fantastic very polite and helpful thank you for a lovely afternoon!!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"great seats"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came here with family to see Motown the Musical and what a great night it was. We were sat in the stalls - towards the front- and as the theatre is quite small we had a great view of the stage and the actors expressions. There are plenty of clean toilet facilities and it's easy enough to get a drink or chocolates. Security is good as you enter the theatre - bags are thoroughly searched. The musical itself was fantastic especially if you're of a certain age and Motown is what you grew up with, but even the younger family members knew at least four of the songs and really enjoyed the evening. The young lad who played a young Michael Jackson was amazing. I was surprised at the interval that no-one had been dancing but when people did get up to dance after the interval the security staff couldn't get there quickly enough to tell them to sit down! I understand that everyone needs to see, but this is Motown, it's dance music and its part of the experience. Highly recommended, just sit still until the very end when you can get up and dance.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The show was brilliant, a great story depicted through some of the greatest music ever, very emotional at times.

The theatre is good, but not great, leg space was at a premium in fairly expensive seats.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutely amazing show! My mum and I really enjoyed it! I would like to say a special thank you to Max and Hugh who helped my mum all through the night and was on hand for support as she is in a wheelchair. As soon as we walked into the theatre you looked after us. Thank you so much. Would really recommend the show! Thank you for a lovely evening!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not a show I would recommend and I would not want to rush back to see it! We were told before we had even sat down by "security" do not clap, do not sing, do not move up and down in your seats and under no circumstances attempt to dance - until you are invited- we didnt get that chance as we left after the interval. Security were threatening rude and frankly disrepectful