“Everything we needed”

Point A Hotel, London Paddington
Ranked #268 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I myself have been to London before but my mother hasn't and after some research this Hotel seemed to be one that would work best for my mother and I.

The rooms where clean and had everything we needed. Our rooms had windows and even though being in the city we found that as soon as you close the window you can't hear anything which was great.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but does have coffee facilities at reception and they even give you a voucher for your first mornings coffee free. There honestly is no need for a restaurant as there are so many in the area that you have a variety for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Hotel is also close to Paddington station which was great as we then just took the Heathrow Express train to Paddington station and then walked about 2-3 blocks down to the Hotel.

For business this hotel works well also as I needed to deal with some emergency and required to print and scan some documents and this was no issue. Reception did it all quickly for me without letting it seem like a hassle.

The two ladies who really helped us was Samantha and Claudia.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Sadan G, GSA at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Hello Lynn,
Thank you for the 5* review!
I'm delighted to hear you had such a positive experience at Point A Paddington and you enjoyed your stay.
I'm glad you were satisfied with the service provided and I am sure that Claudia will be more than happy to read your kind words towards us.
I truly hope to welcoming you back at Point A very soon!
Have an amazing day.
Kind Regards,
Samanta

Write a ReviewReviews (2,624)

Reviewed 24 September 2017

After a long day of travelling from Canada, we arrived to two booked rooms. Of the two couples, the first room was small, but "okay" in size. We figured okay, downtown London, maybe the norm. However, when my partner and I walked into our room we were astounded to find what appeared to be a shoebox with a bed in it. It barely fit our luggage, this room was so small. In order to actually open our bags, we had to remove them from the end of the bed, tucked snugly in because of lack of space, open them, repack and close them, and put them back in their small spaces, otherwise we would literally have no where to move or walk or sleep. There was no phone in the room to call and ask front desk anything. The bathroom was fine. There's no coffee pot or anything in the room, they offer coffee in the lobby for a cost. It may have been okay for one single person, but not for any more than that. The thing that got us was that both rooms, while one room was double the size, were priced the same. Before anyone thinks anything of my being from Canada, I've been to many hotels in the UK and Europe that were priced similarly, which contained a lot more to them, including London. The service was good - no complaints there. Just felt like a big rip off considering all you're paying for is a bed and a bathroom. Not even space. There was also no gym or extra amenity of any sort. I also watched the front desk tell two women, with a ton of baggage with them, that "someone" misbooked them and they were instructed to find a different hotel for the night as they were full booked (as the women were under the impression their booking was until the following day). Could probably be priced lower considering the extreme basic feeling of this hotel. For anyone with claustrophobia or anxiety these tiny rooms could very easily be extremely frustrating and/or overwhelming.

Room Tip: Request a room with more space, otherwise you'll be stuck in a closet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Sadan G, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Dlayn,

I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not somthing for your liking. We want to give our guests access to the best parts of the city at the best prices. To do this, we keep our rooms small (but perfectly formed of course). We don't comprimise on the things that matter like comfy beds and power showers but we reckon you can do without a minibar and a massive wardrobe.

Have a good day!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

This is a budget hotel, so no bells and whistles. However, it was clean and comfortable and convenient to Paddington Station. They also have handicap-accessible rooms/bathrooms, which was very helpful to my father.

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations about cleanliness, location and facilities.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a good day!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel for almost a week and it worked great. Even though I got a room without windows, it was clean and comfortable enough to get rest after walking London all day. It’s not fancy but it’s great if you just gonna be at the hotel for sleeping. The hotel crew was very kind and try to help you with everything they can.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Pablo,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that our product and facilities were up to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The rooms were very clean and crisp definitely couldn't fault them in any way on the service provided either as I booked the wrong room but emailed the front desk and got a very good speedy response. All in all a brilliant stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sadan G, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear William,

Thank you for your kind comments on our cleanliness and customer service. I am glad to hear we were able to assist with your requests immediately. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Have a great day,