US$173
  • Pool
US$305
US$177
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$184
US$166
US$153
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$204
US$192
US$113
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$400
Kensington Hotel
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place is TERRIBLE. It is used for homeless and peoples who get out of prison. It is not expensive but there is reasons for this. I don't like the safeness of the house and it was very dirty, and noisy in the night. If you are liking danger, loud sounds at night and bad hygiene then it may be okay for you. For me, I would like to sleep on the street more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stefania B
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This place is a dirty, smelly hell hole. It is unsafe and used as a drug den and homeless shelter. No soap at the sinks, no toilet paper, disgusting shower, toilets and rooms. The council had shut them down in May due to the building being unsafe and breach of fire regulations. Yet the owner (African guy) continued operating.

I have written to Islington council and they have guaranteed me something will be done.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank dax w
Reviewed 27 July 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE.

Trust me, find the extra few quid and go somewhere, anywhere else.

The staff are unhelpful to the point of complete uselessness. They begrudge you anything, ANYTHING you ask them for. The male staff were continually sleazy and suggestive to my female companions. The place is filthy, beds are never changed, there was a half eaten sandwich lodged in the stair bannister for most of the time I was there (I wasn't touching it!). The basement 'kitchen' is a biohazard with dank matresses stacked in the corner. The place is inhabbited with numerous strange semi-staff who constantly stunk the place out smoking weed .

I can go on... One of the showers had no wall bracket to hold it in place, in two of the rooms the live pug sockets hung off the walls by their wires, the WiFi is non existant... I don't even want to start on the wretched bar/reception downstairs... The high/low point to this vile den being the excrement encrusted sellotape holding one of the toilet seats together....

You might say 'Well, for fourteen pounds a night what do you expect?'

I expect something better than this abhorrent hell hole.

DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 19 July 2013

After reading the reviews for this hostel i figured people were exaggerating a tad so I took my chances. I ended up checking out early because i could not cope. People were not kidding when they described it as a homeless shelter, that's exactly what it is (but your paying for it..). It was extremely unclean and i don't mean some smells and dust i mean thick mold everywhere and the most awful stench. They don't actually change the sheets when people check out, they just fold the duvet and place it on the end of the bed so it looked like its been cleaned. I ended up stripping my bed and sleeping on my towel with no blankets cause there were stains all over the ones they provided. I had asked for new sheets a number of times and the staff always said they would bring them but never did. Thats another thing, the staff were absolutely horrific, this poor girl I had shared a room with had a breakdown and started screaming at the woman working cause she was so terrible. They made me switch rooms after two nights which was the icing on the cake for me since the room I was moved in to was awful. Lots of weirdo's staying in this hostel (or living in it i should say) i think many of which are actually homeless and are scrapping by enough to pay for the hostel. I think most guys could deal with staying here but for girls (especially young girls in your 20's) for your own safety don't stay here, i was really concerned for some of the girls staying in the hostel myself included which is why i left early. Please take all these reviews into consideration, no one is exaggerating in the slightest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dayna J
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was a terrific experience. The rooms were ridiculous dirty (even the counter at the reception was sticky), the service disgusting, it's not allowed to pay with credit card (nor debit), etc, etc. I wouldn't recommend to stay here even to my enemies.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends