All reviews crystal palace their beautiful home home from home like coming home bed and breakfast excellent breakfast hosts haighs comfort
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I love this home -- its people -- its dogs and cats. I've stayed nowhere else so much like home as this. I just returned from another two weeks with Sue, Tim and everything that is part of a visit to fox hill. Can't really imagine London without the heart of this family.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

What a really great find. It's a short walk from the station at crystal palace. Look out for the long thin chimney pot with the broom in it, in the front garden. You share bathroom but there was only one more room on our floor so it was easy to do. The couple who run this place have a friendly and homely approach. Everyone sat round the table for breakfast. Great eggs and bacon.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We wanted to stay in Crystal Palace as my husband's band was playing in a local pub...it was going to be a late night so we decided to stop over and explore Crystal Palace the next day. Fox Hill B&B made our visit singularly superb! Tim and Sue are welcoming hosts - they allow you space but also engage you in delightful conversation. They're real cheerleaders for the local area and know lots about it. Their home is like a mini textile museum (quilting is one of Sue's passions) and Tim's made-to-order breakfast, that included lashings of Sue's HOMEMADE marmalade, was gorgeous. Our room was large, comfy, clean and had a wonderful homey feel. My husband commented that it was like staying with a family friend rather than strangers - and he's spot on. While the B&B is down a steep hill - walking back up the hill is the perfect way to burn off some of Tim's fab breakfast (our hosts kindly offered to drive us up the hill). This is a really special place. I highly recommend it...there's lots of terrific vintage shopping in Crystal Palace and the park, complete with with Victorian era concrete dinosaurs, is a must see. We will be back!

Room tip: We stayed int he room was an en suite - it was fantastic!
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Fox Hill is perfect.

I spent 11 days making it my own home away from home while visiting my daughter who lives very nearby. Hosts Sue and Tim Haigh made my transition into their home easy and warm. Very soon after arriving I felt comfortable on all counts: in their neighborhood, in their home, in my room and chatting with them over the kitchen table at breakfast.

It is easy to get into London by train. Everything I wanted to do was very negotiable from Fox Hill. Crystal Palace has a lovely center with shops and services and is only a five minute walk down the street. When Susan and Tim discovered that my daughter wanted to see the Ai Wei Wei exhibit at the Royal Academy of the Arts, they decided to go while I was visiting and took my daughter and me as their guests. I felt increasingly fortunate as my visit continued.

The house is delightful -- my room was comfy quiet and pretty -- the whole house is a pleasure to look at as it is filled with art, photographs and beautiful objects. The two dogs Boris and Tula greeted me on my arrival and each evening as I returned.

If you expect the predictability of a hotel, you will not find it here, but you will find a warm welcome, generous and engaging hosts, a clean comfortable room, a delicious hot breakfast and other guests equally happy to be at Fox Hill. I am hoping to return again in the spring and hopefully Fox Hill will continue to be part of my London visits for a long time.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2015

It was an absolute delight to stay at Fox Hill and I have already recommended it to many of my friends. Finding ourselves between houses, we were touched by the kindness and generosity of our hosts. I cannot thank you enough for looking after us so well!
Throughout our week long stay, we were incredibly comfortable and relaxed in our surroundings, both sleeping extremely well. Our room was beautifully decorated, warm and quiet, with plenty of space and access to a lovely shower room. The house itself is beautiful both inside and out, decorated with pictures, quilts and art work, and is well equipped with everything you need during your stay. The location is fantastic – 7 minute walk to the nearest station – and around the corner from the shops and amenities of Crystal palace Triangle. Despite it being so close, the road was quiet and there was always somewhere to park outside the house.
It was an absolute delight to stay with you and we will definitely be returning!

Room tip: All rooms are fabulous!
Date of stay: November 2015