Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast
  • Room Service
US$216
US$199
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$107
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrystal palacehome away from homeheated blanketstheir beautiful homelike coming hometop floorother guestsplace to stayexcellent breakfaston arrivalhostshaighsbedroomcomfort
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Fox Hill is perfect.

I spent 11 days making it my own home away from home while visiting my daughter who lives very nearby. Hosts Sue and Tim Haigh made my transition into their home easy and warm. Very soon after arriving I felt comfortable on all counts: in their neighborhood, in their home, in my room and chatting with them over the kitchen table at breakfast.

It is easy to get into London by train. Everything I wanted to do was very negotiable from Fox Hill. Crystal Palace has a lovely center with shops and services and is only a five minute walk down the street. When Susan and Tim discovered that my daughter wanted to see the Ai Wei Wei exhibit at the Royal Academy of the Arts, they decided to go while I was visiting and took my daughter and me as their guests. I felt increasingly fortunate as my visit continued.

The house is delightful -- my room was comfy quiet and pretty -- the whole house is a pleasure to look at as it is filled with art, photographs and beautiful objects. The two dogs Boris and Tula greeted me on my arrival and each evening as I returned.

If you expect the predictability of a hotel, you will not find it here, but you will find a warm welcome, generous and engaging hosts, a clean comfortable room, a delicious hot breakfast and other guests equally happy to be at Fox Hill. I am hoping to return again in the spring and hopefully Fox Hill will continue to be part of my London visits for a long time.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2015

It was an absolute delight to stay at Fox Hill and I have already recommended it to many of my friends. Finding ourselves between houses, we were touched by the kindness and generosity of our hosts. I cannot thank you enough for looking after us so well!
Throughout our week long stay, we were incredibly comfortable and relaxed in our surroundings, both sleeping extremely well. Our room was beautifully decorated, warm and quiet, with plenty of space and access to a lovely shower room. The house itself is beautiful both inside and out, decorated with pictures, quilts and art work, and is well equipped with everything you need during your stay. The location is fantastic – 7 minute walk to the nearest station – and around the corner from the shops and amenities of Crystal palace Triangle. Despite it being so close, the road was quiet and there was always somewhere to park outside the house.
It was an absolute delight to stay with you and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2015

If you want a lovely, quiet stay with good company, close to all the local attractions in Crystal Palace and easy to get into London on the train - this is the place for you! Reasonable prices, great breakfast cooked by Tim, interesting photos and history about Crystal Palace and lovely quilts made by Sue all over the house. I stay here when I visit my son who lives nearby and I am always made to feel welcome - a great place to stay if you are on your own, with partner or with friends. Sue and Tim take your comfort seriously and nothing is too much trouble - even a lovely electric blanket once when it was cold already switched on to welcome me home after a busy day.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

My mother, daughter & I stayed at 24 Fox Hill for 3 nights in July. We found the home & the hosts (Tim & Sue) to be warm & delightful! The house is full of cheerful textiles (including many made by Sue), art, antiquities and family photos -- and their gardens are beautifully whimsical. Tim whipped up a tasty breakfast every morning in their yummy kitchen where we also enjoyed Sue's homemade jam and Marmite on toast:) They were genuinely interested in our plans each day, offering directions & recommendations -- Tim even drove us to & from the train station!

After our stay, my mother realized she'd left behind a treasured ring. Tim & Sue found it under the bed and kept it safe until my mother arrived back in the U.S. Tim then spent the better part of a day arranging for the shipment of the ring to reunite it with my mother. Many thanks!

We enjoyed being welcomed into Sue & Tim's home where we were made to feel like part of a bigger family. No future trip to London would be complete without a stay at 24 Fox Hill!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

A delightful introduction to Crystal Palace - this comfortable and welcoming B&B is a place to feel at home from the charming hosts to the fish tank, cuddly dogs and cats. The stars are Tim and Sue, who are exceptional and engaging hosts, and a joy to talk to, making us sorry our stay was so brief. Fox Hill lives up to its name with multiple sightings on an evening walk to a great range of local restaurants. You couldn't wish for a better informed local source of knowledge than the owners if you need to know the area - and in the morning setting off after a fine bacon and egg breakfast and toast with some delicious home made damson jam. Well worth a visit!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple