I came to London to see a gig at the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, so we thought we'd keep it local and book this place. We booked a double bed private room with en suite bathroom.
For the rate we paid, I couldn't have been any happier. The location of the place for a start is unbeatable. It is literally right across the road from the tube station, a 5 minute walk to the awesome Westfield shopping centre and a 5 minute walk to the O2 Empire. There is also a HSBC right next door and a Morrison's supermarket if you need any groceries.
You check in downstairs at Belushi's bar, and the guy who checked us in was really friendly and helpful. He immediately offered us a handful from the bowl of sweets and chocolates, always a positive for me! He also told us not to eat order any food from the bar...which we took on board and didn't!
Our room was basic but had everything you needed inside (see pics above). Nice, firm double bed with clean bedding, a sink in the corner of the room and a bathroom with shower at toilet. It was all very clean. There was a big window as well looking out onto a roof terrace so we had lots of light coming in. The only thing that puzzled me about the room was the clothes rail, which had no coat hangers on. A bit pointless, but as we were only there for one night it really wasn't a problem.
Just before seeing the gig we stopped at Belushi's for a couple of drinks, and they give you 10% off with your room card which is nice. They also do buy one get one free on Coronas. There were a quite a few screens playing football etc and there seemed to be a lot of locals drinking there which I think is always a good sign.
We slept fine at night apart from some noise in the corridors from some rowdy folks. You have to expect that though, it's a youth hostel. I just put the earplugs in and had no further issues. In the morning we had the free breakfast which was really nice, plenty of toast and cereal, tea, coffee, squash etc, which is exactly what I would have at home.
Overall I enjoyed my stay here very much and would definitely recommend it to any couples who need a cheap bed for a night or too. The only minus for me was the lack of kitchen which might deter anyone travelling long-term. Can't comment on what the dorms were like, but privates are great. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hostel is closer to the Central Line, O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire and the Westfield - Europe's largest shopping mall. Take a short stroll to Notting Hill with the incredible Portobello Road Market and Kensington, which gives you access to Kensington Palace, Kensington Gardens, the Royal Albert Hall the Serpentine Lake plus much more. In nearby South Kensington you can enjoy London's best collection of free museums including The Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and the V&A. When you're done for the day, head into Belushi's bar, grab a drink and meet fellow travellers, locals and expats from all walks of life. If you feel like kicking back visit the chill-out room to play some Ping Pong or relax in front of the TV. Other awesome facilities and services offered at our hostel include: • Travel kiosk with discounts on trips and tours in and around London • Free WiFi • Chill-out room • Friendly and multilingual reception staff • 24-hour reception • Check in from 14:00 • Check out until 10:00 • Insured lockers available • Clean bed linen provided and your bed freshly made before arrival • We have no curfew • Padlocks and adapters available at reception. Don't forget to check out our other hostels in London, Edinburgh, Newquay, Bath, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Bruges, Barcelona, Cardiff, Copenhagen and Prague. ****Please note that guests under the age of 18 must stay in a private room with guardians. They cannot share in general dormitory rooms with people who are not part of their own group or family. Under-18s are not allowed in the bars or pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your St Christopher's Inn Shepherds Bush reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Christopher`s Shepherds Bush Hotel London
- St Christopher's Inn Shepherds Bush London