“Super Hostel”

Barmy Badger Backpackers
Ranked #80 of 947 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Super nice and helpful stuff, there is someone for you at the reception 24/7 .
In general it is a really homely hostel with a big living-dining room where you can cook your own meals if you want to. In the morning you can get a simple breakfast.
There also is a living room with a couch, books to read and a TV.
In your room besides a comfortable bed you have a big locker with a safe.
To top it all of the location is really nice. A supermarket is at the next corner and the tube station is like 5 minutes away. The borough itself offers pubs and restaurants. Also it is not far from all the sights in the centre going by tube and it is quite nice being a bit out of the busy area.

Room Tip: Deluxe Bed Room having its own bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1-Anna-23
Barmy Badger B, Manager at Barmy Badger Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We are so pleased that you found the Badger to be a really homely hostel and liked our nice and helpful staff, free breakfast, cooking facilities, living room, our comfy beds and a personal locker with safe, plus our great location! Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Friendly, good wifi, clean, good location, room had like eight electrical outlets, quiet, very nice free breakfast (Nutella! bananas, tangerines, cerials, bread/butter), kitchen, TV room, grocery stores nearby

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We are so pleased that you found the Badger to be a great hostel and liked our good wifi, cleanliness, location, loads of electrical outlets, the free breakfast and our friendly atmosphere! Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Being just a couple minutes walk from a Zone 1 tube station I thought this hostel would be noisy, but it was so peaceful and quiet! We booked room 9 which has bunk beds, a balcony, and an in-room sink. The restrooms were up a flight of stairs, but they were the cleanest and biggest restrooms I've ever found at a hostel. The staff were super friendly, and there was even a friendly dog there the morning we checked out. The location is great as Earl's Court is in Zone 1 on both the District and Picadilly lines. If you don't want to take the tube there's plenty to do within walking distance as well. Holland Park is just up the street and the Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, and Hyde Park are a 20 minute walk. There are also lots of great and moderately priced restaurants and pubs in the area. The place felt very secure and there were safes in the room if you wanted a place to keep your passport.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We are so pleased that you found the Badger to be the best hostel you have stayed in and that you liked our cleanliness, security, the friendliness of our staff and that you got to meet our friendly little dog! Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed staying in this hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, beds were comfy. Very impressed with the lockers - big enough for large luggage AND a safe for valuables! Breakfast was good. Good location - short walking distance to supermarkets and subway. Would stay here again. Thanks for a great stay! ☺

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Badger and found our staff friendly and helpful, liked our cleanliness, comfy beds, our large locker/safe combo and that you would stay here again! Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

Reviewed 24 May 2016

This place iw fantastic. I'd been travelling for awhile and mistakenly booked my one week stay here starting one day earlier then I planned to arrive and finishing a day earlier then I planned to leave and didn't notice until the morning I was headed to London when they emailed me about having to charge me for the first night's stay since I didn't show. When I arrived they had cancelled my booking, but when I explained I had made a mistake when booking my dates, they booked me back in and didn't even charge me for the previous night they had held for me, even though it was completely my fault.
I was in a four bed, girls dorm and I really liked the layout of the room and how there were stand up cupboards as well as places under the beds for everyone to put things, so there was no luggage or anything taking up floor space. The room and bathroom were kept clean. Breakfast was included and filling. Wifi worked wonderfully. The place had a great atmosphere.
The location is great. A few minutes walk from Earls Court station, which is served by two lines, which got me where I needed to go most of the time, and if not, it was really easy to use those to connect to other lines.
My only complaint is I felt the heat was on too high at night, but since that was my only issue, I wI'll definitely stay here again when back in London.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We are so pleased that you found the Badger to be fantastic and that you liked our great staff, atmosphere and that you would stay here again! Safe onward travels from all of us here :)