All reviews budget hotel gloucester station the natural history museum victoria and albert museum english breakfast full english heathrow airport nice breakfast small hotel few minutes walk tea coffee kensington tube receptionist stairwell ensuite underground
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We booked in December but stayed in March. At booking they had to move us as they were busy. We were out in a room at the top. After a complaint was made the manager has confirmed that there is an 'echo ' in that room from the lift. It kept us awake all night. He also confirmed that the grubby walls are due a paint. Breakfast was diabolical. Please see the photo. It was plates of food slung on a table covered in cling film. The plates were a mix of cake, peanuts, open packets of croissants and goodness knows what else. It was all communal, so be prepared to share with strangers.
We were offered a free night after complaining. I wouldn't stay if you paid me.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Pro's-
Staff were so friendly, from the receptionist to the breakfast staff nothing was too much for them. I also had coffee with the owner on the Saturday and he got me some cake. It was lovely to hear how he came from Bosnia.
Location, it is only 5 minutes away from Gloucester road tube station and about 10 minutes from the museums and only 15 minutes from the albert hall.
Breakfast- plenty of selection to choose from.
Room- Room was spacious for me on my own.
Cons-
Cleanliness- Room could of done with a bit of painting as the walls were quite dirty and there was dust on the skirting boards etc.
The shower was hit and miss either too hot or lukewarm.
The room was slightly chilly as the heating was not working, there was a little heater I could use however.
Overall though I had a very pleasant stay here and would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Slightly wary because of reviews. Stayed one night in a basic family room, there were 5 of us. Great price for location and included breakfast. Reception very friendly and easy check in. Room was clean and comfortable with an en suite shower room, tv and fridge. Beds were comfy and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was cooked with plenty of continental options and definitely kept us going for the day. Super location for Gloucester Road, Earl’s Court, Olympia and Kensington. We were happy with our stay and would stay again. You
just have to remember that if you are paying budget prices you can’t expect the Ritz.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lizzieloo72
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Basic hotel with an interesting breakfast but not too bad, reasonable price considering the alternatives in the area, nice an close to the Albert Hall, was a little noisy in the room but for the price I didn't mind.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank matakky
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Absolutely awful. Have since stayed in the Youth Hostel in Saint Pauls for a fraction of the price and such good value. How this place stays open, I will never know! Food was inedible and rooms were awful.

Date of stay: November 2017