Staunton Hotel
  • Room Service
US$234
US$220
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$146
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$98
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$191
US$194
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$196
  • Pool
US$130
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsno liftgower streetbritish museumfull english breakfastcooked to order breakfastgeorgian townhousebooked a triple roomair conditioningfacing the main roadtop floorbasement levelsmall hotelrussel squarebreakfast roomshort stayyogurtlast minute booking
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This hotel is well located, within easy walking distance to several tube stations, as well as the British Museum. Our room was clean, with adequate room for hanging clothing; the king size bed mattress was stiff but not lumpy. The bathroom was clean, with adequate towels and an assortment of shampoo/conditioner tubes, although shower volume was quite low. Our room was on the street side, so noisy into the evening, but it died down later so didn't disturb sleep.

Breakfast - full English, fruit, juice, toast, yogurt, cereal, etc. The staff was polite and very competent. We did notice several people had to wait in another room for a table quite often, as there isn't adequate room in the breakfast room.

Check in time is stated to be 2:00pm, and you can leave your luggage if you arrive early. However, when we returned shortly after 2:00, we were told our room wasn't ready and we had to wait till after 2:30 to actually get our room.

Room Tip: No lift and the hotel's third floor is what Americans call the fourth floor, so beware.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waltlayton
Gower S, Manager at Staunton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm glad all in all you enjoyed your stay,
We do know that the breajkfast room is a little tight espiecially when everyone arrives for Breakfast at the same time.
It would be good if the Breakfast room was larger but that is what you get in a listed building which used to be a house for a family.
But thank you for letting us know as we are always trying ti improve our family business.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The place is really nice and has excellent location. The staff are more reactive than proactive. If you ask for something, they will do it but will not volunteer help unless told. At 3 am. it rained in London and although my room was not on the top floor, water came in through the fire alarm/smoke detector. It took them from 9:30 am to 2 pm. to stop the leakage although it clearly showed on their monitor in the reception desk. Neither did they dry the wet carpet or offer a different room. I have been lectured by Valentina by email that that is the guest's responsibility. On arrival, after I asked Emmanuelle at the front desk for assistance with my luggage (since the hotel has no elevators and has a narrow winding staircase), he immediately took two suitcases (40 kg./88 lbs. in one go). He did not ask on our arrival if we needed assistance with the luggage. Amin in the front desk at the time of our departure was excellent but only when asked. Rosie at the restaurant was an outstanding hostess and so were the other two hostesses. The breakfast was dignified, filling, and really good.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very sorry that you felt dissapointed with my staff,
I only hear good words about my staff from other guest but I will definately keep this in mind as guest come first.

Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Small Londonl Hotel located in Soho. We were on a birtday trip with her daughter and we were sharing a room with three beds. Room was ok but hotel needs some love.
No elevator and the escalator are very narrow,
Breakfast was good and staff ok. Great walk to many location.The Nothinghill market is a must. Not the hotel fault but our neighour got into a fight at 3 AM and we could ear everything...
Philippe
Montreal Quebec Canada

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Gower S, Manager at Staunton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize about the disturbance from the room next door, I wish you had reported it to the reception.
We do know that the Hotel needs updating and that is why we are doing something about it as we speak, as for the narrow staircase I can only apologize.

I am glad to hear that the location was good and you enjoyed your Breakfast with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I recently had an extended stay at The Staunton Hotel and have to say that my experience simply could not have been better! From the daily staff, to the location to the cleanliness I was extremely happy. It's an old building and as such has a few small blemishes here and there but that's to be completely expected. Having said that, my bathroom was newly renovated and beautiful! I had a situation in which I was reliant on the WiFi and while it was at times a bit fluky, the management did everything possible to fix the situation. I had a room that faced the back of the hotel and it was remarkably quiet, I was hard pressed to hear and street noise. There was the occasional light noise between rooms but that's a function of an old building. Morning breakfast was fresh, hot and very unhurried. Long way of saying that I couldn't have been happier and have been recommending this hotel to all I know.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Gower S, Manager at Staunton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Mr Sprague,

Your review was so kind and perfect, Thank you.

We are always trying to do our best and always try to improve even if it is a historic building.

Hope to see you with us again.

Renia Karageorgis.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in room 103 (first floor, road side) in last week of July. Room had 3 single beds. Location is the main plus point of this tiny hotel. It's just 5 minutes walk to British museum and 10 minutes to oxford street. There are many restaurants and pubs around the corner.
Internet in the room was the big issue. WiFi signals were missing most of the time, 5 minutes on and 10 minutes off. Despite several requests to fix it, nothing happened. If you need internet this room may be not the right choice. Bathroom shower need to be fixed. Knobs were broken.

Full English Breakfast is complementary and it's good, friendly staff there. If you can get a room around 50 pounds per person including VAT, it's good value for money for this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

We truly apologize that you felt let down with our Wi-fi even, as you mentioned we did do all what we could from inside the premises.

All our rooms and bathrooms are at this moment in time being updated, I surprised you did not notice work being done,

Thank you very much about the comments about our staff and Breakfast.

Renia Karageorgis.