US$236
US$253
US$309
US$268
  • Pool
Park Grand London Kensington(London)
US$145
US$134
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London(London)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$274
  • Fitness centre
US$341
US$312
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$178
US$290
Montague Hotel
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$372/night.

US$190
US$172
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsno liftgower streetbritish museumfull english breakfastcooked to order breakfastgeorgian townhousebooked a triple roomfacing the main roadair conditioningbasement levelsmall hotela ground floor roomrussel squarebreakfast roomyogurtshort staylast minute booking
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

There is a price to pay for the location which is road noise so ask for a high floor and near the back if available. The hotel is in easy walking distance of many London tourist sights.
The room was on the small side but was in good condition and fine for our one night stay. Air conditioning is handy as you wouldn't want to open the windows due to noise.
The included breakfast was a bonus being a full English when continental was advertised on our booking. (No vegatarian option offered though)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 December 2012

It was a noisy stay so I recommend ear plugs. Location is great, walking distance to so many places. We didn't need to take the underground at all. Breakfast is very nice. No lift and that could be an issue for some climbing those staircases. We stayed 4 nights.

Room Tip: not the street side rooms and check for noises from vents behind walls, they can last for hours
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Staunton has become my hotel of choise when visiting London. It has a very nice cozy feeling to it, the rooms are nice, quiet, clean with good air conditioning. The hotel has been refurbished without loosing the english charm. Breakfast, which is served downstairs, is adequate.

Locationwise its perfect! Just a short walk to Soho and Covent Garden, nearest tube just a couple of blocks away

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Per C
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel in mid October 2012 and was disappointed at what I got for the £160 price I paid for one night's stay. Is an old Victorian style house now made into a hotel which is okay. Design, decor is good however no lifts to rooms on floor 1 & above which can be a struggle for elderly or those with kids.

I had a ground floor, twin room which faced the road outside the hotel. Room was nice however way too warm. If you wanted air conditioning on during the night to cool it down, it was too noisy therefore you sacrificed sleep. Windows couldn't be opened.

4am+ I quickly learnt that either buses or Heavy Vehicles pass the front of the hotel, on average once every 5 minutes, rattling the room, therefore my sleep was gone for the night. I'd have been better travelling down from the north of England early that morning on the train for an event that morning/afternoon as I'd have had more sleep.

Anyway I advised the reception the next morning about the traffic issue and all she could say is if you stay again, please ask for a room that is located to the rear of the building. I left a letter for the management to see and it was never responded to.

I then backed this up with an email via the hotel's website about 10 days later (late October) advising my complaint hadn't been responded to, please could management contact me. No response.

So overall, I wasn't keen to put this review on however the don't care attitude from the management has made me review here. I'd say to anyone, stay away from it if you want a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If definitely planning to stay here, request a room that doesn't face the road outside the front of building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank scankaroo
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed here at end of October 2012. It is very clean and the breakfasts were excellent. Like most London hotels converted from former residential properties, space is adequate but limited. The location, beside Bedford Square, Oxford St and 3 Tube stations, is excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. For most families visiting London on the average budget I would highly recommend this hotel. It does not have a bar and restaurant but that was not an issue for us.
We did not have any complaints with this hotel at all. It is a very good value hotel in a great location. Bloomsbury is worth staying in anyway. Rooms are double and twin but if you do not like climbing too many steps then ask for a ground or first floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not looking onto Gower St.. If you do not want to climb too many stairs then specify when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family