My normal destination for travel in London is close to the Paddington area which provides me with easy access to both the tube and district train lines, This time however, I opted to stay in Bayswater which again is a vibrant area with plenty of restaurants, pubs and shops.
The Grand Plaza hotel is situated in this area, is central to all of these amenities and is a great base for those persons wishing to visit London.
As I was traveling with family and a baby, I opted for a Family Suite that would accommodate 6 people. Upon arrival we were unfortunately not able to check into the room until 2:00pm which left us in limbo for a few hours. The room itself was a good size, however only contained 1 bedroom with 2 pull out sofa beds in the living room for the additional guests. Additionally, we were assigned to a ground floor room, at the base of a stairwell to the other floors. During our stay, the hotel was inundated with unruly teenagers who were continually in/out of their rooms way into the early hours of the morning and I'll lay blame that they were also the cause of the 7:00am unintentional fire alarm one morning.
Breakfast was well laid out, but insufficiently staffed for the number of guests at the hotel. The first morning, it took the better part of 15 minutes to be seated for a continental breakfast and after the onslaught of the teenagers, food was non existent.
On the plus side, the hotel staff were polite and accommodating, but unfortunately it is not enough for me to warrant a second stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Plaza apartments give you the independence and catering flexibility of your own home together with the comfort and service of a 4* hotel. Think of us as your home, but with cleaning, catering, porters and reception staff thrown in. Serviced apartments are the new direction for the hotel industry. They provide a ready made home rather than a ready made room. Each apartment has its own fully equipped kitchen. You choose whether to enjoy your own home cooking or try the Grand Plaza Breakfast or visit one of the myriad of restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel (or heat up a takeaway!) Grand Plaza is the largest Hotel/Apartment complex in Bayswater. We won the 2009 award for best serviced apartments in London as a result of votes from the readers of Business Destinations Magazine. We accommodate more people each day (tourist, leisure, romantic and business) than any other Serviced Apartment Hotel in the area.We are located in the centre of the West End overlooking the precise type of garden square which Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts climbed into in the Golden Globe nominated film, Notting Hill! We look forward to providing you with a home in central London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments London