“Don't waste you time & money”
Review of The Ventures Hotel

The Ventures Hotel
Ranked #1,006 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My mother (79 yrs old) & myself: It was our first trip to the UK. This stay was really disappointing. The bed was comfortable & breakfast was good. Otherwise, the rooms are tiny. There was not lift in the building. I carried our cases up to the first floor myself, there was no assistance. I requested loo paper as there was none in the bathroom. The walls were marked, the bathroom was in a disgraceful state - I used a bottle of Dettol to disinfect it.
Paddington station is a short walk way. The hop-on Hop-off City buss tour - bus stop is a short walk from the hotel, in the main road.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed 7 nights with a friend and by the end (of our stay) we warmed up to the hotel. We were in there basically to sleep and to shower and the room met well those expectations. Also, the staff is very pleasant and helpful. The only bad side is the hotel is a bit old and seems that stopped in time. But its location is great with walking distance to 4 different Underground lines and a fair price for zone 1. I would stayed there again for a quick trip to London.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here in July 2017 for 3 nights. We were given a choice of 2 rooms when we arrived neither of which looked like the photos. We opted for the larger of the 2 which happened to be a basement room. It was very grubby and poorly maintained with no air conditioning. The room adjoined a small external open area with a lean-to type shed housing washing machines & drains and it was filthy. The breakfast room was ok and the kitchen staff were very friendly & the food was nice, this was the only redeeming factor. Other than that it is a Sh#t Hole.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martin m
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Tiny basic and not very clean room with a bathroom you can only just get into which i could just about live with but the privacy of the room was unreal. The bathroom faced onto next doors bathroom with no curtains or frosted glass and the window in the bedroom also had no curtains allowing the adjacent room a perfect view of us sleeping and getting changed. in the mornings the 'full' english breakfast consists of bacon, beans and a fried egg swimming in fat. I booked it thinking it was a cheap and cheerful hotel but its got to the the worst hotel ive ever seen.Honestly, NO CURTAINS???

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rufclee
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I stayed at this hotel from May 23rd to 25th, it has been the worst experience I have ever had, the hotel is completely dirty, the main entrance, the reception stinks, the rooms are filthy, smelly, extremely dirty pillows, with bad stains and bad smell, the refrigerator very dirty, the toilet with tartar and stains excrement of the previous guest, it looks like a public bathroom, the floor is disgusting, the sink dirty, the maid should be fire, she went to my room to clean it at 13 : 00 hours and I asked her to come back 1 hour later while I was taking a shower and her response was that she would not make the room later, i told her that was not the way to treat a client, I asked her to change the dirty pillows and commented that there were no more pillows in the Hotel, honestly I did not feel like wasting my time talking to a woman who obviously does not care about her work, much less the business of the Owner and I decided to leave things like this, is not my problem, I just will not go back to that awful hole and obviously I will not recommended it to anyone. The only thing worth it is the night clerk.

On the day of my departure I received a call at 10:30 am from the receptionist and WAS informed that I had to leave the room because the new guests were already waiting for their room, It is a lack of respect towards me, firstly because Check out is at 12 o'clock worldwide, is a rule of the hotel industry, secondly because the receptionist has no idea how to treat a customer.

Recommendation for the owner.

I truly recommend you to train your staff, check daily rooms at random, sleep in a few of them to live the experience that each of your clients lives and you will realize how bad is your Hotel.

You must seriously take care of the operation of your Hotel, otherwise you will lose your business, you will need to implement preventive maintenance and a deep cleaning plan throughout your Hotel, entrance, reception, hallways and rooms, change carpets, change pillows and aromatize The Lobby, i can guarantee you will improve your sales of rooms and increase your incomes.

Room Tip: Please do not stay there, see tripavisor review before choose a Hotel, i did not and look my experie...