We travelled to London 19-24 December 2011 with 4 adults and 3 children (ages 5, 3.5 and 9 months). We requested two triple rooms and were located in room 101 and 102, just by the breakfast room. After reading reviews, I was concerned about the location but decided that we would make it work. We walked in our room with 1 double bed and 1 twin bed and a baby cot in the room by the desk. There was sufficient room for the 4 of us in that room, typical of other European hotels we have stayed. In the next room, my parents and the 3.5 year old had even more room without the baby cot.
There are no closets but there are shelves, a luggage rack, a rail to hang coats and other items and there was room under the bed for empty bags. The bathrooms were the only "problem" with the room at all. There is no ventilation or heat so mildew had formed on the grout and caulking around the shower. The shower was clean, but the appearance left something to be desired. However, we never ran out of hot water and I didn't feel uneasy about using it all.
The location is amazing. We were about a block from Victoria Station and near a great fish and chips restaurant. There were also many grocery stores and shopping nearby. There was a pub on the adjacent corner that we never heard any noise from. Even though we were directly by the breakfast room, we didn't have any issues with noise (however, we were up around the time breakfast started so I am not sure if we would have noticed).
Breakfast was ample although not a traditional English breakfast. We had croissants, pastries, boiled eggs, cheese, a fruit cocktail, yogurt, bread and a toaster, coffee, water and juice. There was also a high chair available. We also used the breakfast room to eat dinner one night and the front desk staff provided forks for our fish and chips.
After living in Europe for almost 3 years, we found this hotel typical, if not superior, to other hotels we have stayed. It was clean and accommodating and a great value for the money. We would recommend this hotel to other traveling to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Victoria. We are ideally situated in the heart of London just behind Victoria train station. Whether in London for business or pleasure we are sure we can accommodate all of your travelling needs. Our hotel is just a few minutes walk from Victoria underground, train, and coach stations. As well as being conveniently situated for your travelling needs, Comfort Inn Victoria is also very near many of London's main historical and cultural attractions. Our friendly staff is here 24 hours a day to help you with any queries you may have to make you stay with us as pleasant as possible. On behalf of the team at comfort Inn Victoria, we are looking forward to seeing you in the future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms and Hotels.com so you can book your Comfort Inn London - Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel London
- Victoria Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn London - Victoria
- London Comfort Inn