“Best Place Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #114 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Place Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was the third time I have stayed in the Luna Simone. The location is very convenient as its walking distance to Victoria Station. I felt very safe while I was here and the family who run the place do a magnificent job - three I can mention are Peter, Mark and Bernard - super nice people who have been doing this for a very long time and are very good at it and will help you with anything you need. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and they provide a delicious breakfast - also the value is excellent. I love the place and will definitely use it again should I return to London.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BrisbaneLucy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Last year the proprietors were in the initial stages of renovation - after a year they are nearly complete. Flat panel televisions with expanded programming, excellent complimentary WiFi and updated rooms amenities are the most notable aspects. As always, Peter, "Vernon" (Bernard) and their wives are spot-on in their hosting duties and Mark stands ready with advice at the front desk. The neighborhood remains largely unchanged over the past several years, with good restaurants, friendly pubs and a convenience store with friendly staff just a few doors down. The location is fantastic and transportation options are abundant. After multiple visits we simply cannot imagine any hotel offering a better overall value than the Luna & Simone. There are certainly more posh properties to be found, but for clean, safe, friendly, convenient lodging you'd be hard pressed to find better. We stayed in Room 9a on the Simone side this trip - very quiet.

Room Tip: Ground floor are best for those less-able as there is no lift.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kit C
Joinville, Parana, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Luna Simone is an excellent value option in London. Very well located , near Victoria station , surrounded by good restaurants , in a calm street. Friendly family staff and neat environment.
Really highly recommended.
Mario

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Santa Fiora, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

my husband and were supposed to go to london but we both have the flu.we reserved here cause we liked it when we stayed here before.i explained the reason for my cancellation and they did not charge me the fee.great hotel and great family.i have not had a positive experience in the places i had stayed in before i discovered this hotel.there is no elevator but you can ask for a low floor.it's so convenient to victoria and downtown.the room isn't enormous but this is true of most places in london.it is spotless and they are so helpful,courteous and friendly.i will definitely stay here when reschedule our trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gabyna
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

If you read my other reviews you will see that I am not a picky person. I am actually very easy to please. One smile and I am there. I booked this hotel in november 2011, one night only. I e-mailed them to reserve the room and wanted a room that facing the front street and they have provided that so I was pleased. We arrived at the hotel to check in. I found the person at the dest very cold. I had to thank him 3 times before he could say something back. Greeting is extremely important to me. Anyways we got our codes for wifi and started moving upstairs. Oh my god, so many stairs. Don't get me wrong the stairs not that important to me. the hotel we stayed in Amsterdam had stairs too and we did not mind because the person at the desk offered to help. We did not get any help offers from this hotel. We carried our bags and saw this tiny room which was ok because I was not expecting this luxurious place. The bathroom was clean and nice. Bed was moving around when you slightly touched it though. We wanted to use wifi to find a place to eat at night and not surprisingly it did not work. We called downstairs 3 times saying that it was not working but they said it was our ipad that had the problem. well we travelled across Europe for 10 days stayed at 8 different hotels and everywhere it worked so it was funny that at the last destination it was not working. We left the hotel in the evening to walk around and eat and when we came back another person at the desk equally cold. I felt like we are staying at a place that did not want us at all. The next day we left without breakfast. Honestly, I did not bother to stay. For me the most important thing in a place is the hospitality and cleanliness. I do not care about other stuff. So I am sorry to say, i won't go back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TravellerFiliz
lunasimonehotel, Manager at Luna & Simone Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
I would like to apologies to this reviewer. I am disappointed to hear that you found the front desk not friendly and cold. We have many positive reviews on tripadvisor, and feel that one complaint is one too many. We are a family run business and feel that friendliness and welcoming our guests, is one of our major assets. I have informed the night staff of your comments. I only wish you could have stayed with us longer or at least join us for breakfast, as this does give us a chance to interact with our guests. Although this is not a positive review, I do hope that maybe you would consider staying with us again, as I truly believe that we could change your opinion.