Beaver Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslarge tescohour tescoyogurtearl's courtcooked breakfastpleasant streetno coffee making facilitiesfreeview channelsbudget hotelnice loungetea coffeeminute walkenjoyed my staykensington high streetkensington palacedecent sizebreakfast staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Situated in a quiet tree-lined street yet just round the corner from Earls Court Tube station and a few minutes walk from Olympia Exhibition Hall.
Not the Ritz but for the price they're asking for B&B (including English Breakfast) it is very good value for where it is.
Firstly I found that the staff were very friendly and helpful with any questions.
I had a single room with shared bathroom but my window looked over the tree-lined street and I loved it. Basic, with wash basin in room but clean and comfy.
The free internet was a bonus but was extremely slow at times and once cut off completely, this I reported to the staff on reception where she soon solved the problem (thank you).
The lounge was very comfortable and hot drinks were freely available from the dining room but only until 11.00pm. There were no drink-making facilities in the room unfortunately (which would have been nice) - so no more cups of tea until breakfast time!
The breakfast was adequate, I'd have liked a bit more 'bacon & more than 1 sausage' but the 2 eggs, cereal, and toast & marmalade made up for this short fall.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Music_manDerbyshire
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I was due to travel to London on business back in February, as the hotel was booked by the company I was meeting with I had no say on where we were staying. I would never have booked the Beaver Hotel myself and genuinely believe that there is better in London for equal or less money after looking up the price. When I arrived I could immediately tell the hotel was a bit grotty. When I went up to the room I knew it was much more grotty than originally thought. When I moved the throw on the bed back from the duvet it was completely yellow with either age or sweat, I don't want to think too deeply about which, as neither is good. The carpets and plugs were covered in dust and grime too and there was carpet in the bathroom which I find a bit yuck. The WiFi was free but extremely slow and kept cutting off. I couldn't as much as load Google.
There were a few good bits about it in that the shower was very warm and had good water pressure. The breakfast was limited but did the job, you got a choice of bacon, eggs, sausage and toast and they all tasted good, the dining room was in the basement. Staff that I saw were all friendly enough.
My recommendation would be to go and stay in a hotel a little less central as Tubes are easy to catch to and from Kensington and the price would be much more affordable. Alternatively, stay in a hostel, London has loads of nice ones of better quality and value for money. Sorry I don't have more photos but I really didn't take much.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2017

OK, this is not the Dorchester and not the usual standard of hotel that I stay in but for an overnight stay with work for a conference in Olympia it was more than adequate.

The rooms are very dated as was the whole building but it was very clean and the staff were accommodating.

The poached eggs for breakfast were surprisingly good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2017

The Beaver is a rather attractive hotel that lies halfway into Philbeach crescent ;a pleasant ,leafy ,green street of beautiful terraced houses in Earls Court .It stands next to the Anglo-Catholic church of Saint Cuthberts.On my various stays there I found it very good value ,especially ,having paid only £49 per night ,relativly cheap for central London.The room was adequite and clean ,the bed :comfortable.On my last stay I had a basic single room which did not have a TV ;the toilet and shower were shared.I stayed at the weekend but did not experience any inconvenience by this.The shower water took several minutes to warm up.The breakfast staff were polite and attentive.Breakfast was cooked full English .There was also tea,coffee , yoghurt , plenty fruit and flakey croissents.I have also stayed at the hotel over Easter and on that occassion there were plenty of small chocolate eggs and hot cross buns on offer.Tea and coffee are available in the breakfast room ,all day.The decor was cosy and homely.Five stars it is not but a very good budget hotel in a lovely quiet part of Earls Court very close to the tube station and the West End only 10 mins away.

Room Tip: There are a few basic single rooms on the ground floor ,close to WC and shower.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Needed somewhere to crash for the night. This place seemed cheap and cheerful with some ok reviews. So I took a risk. The guy on reception was very pleasant and helpful.

Thin walls in the rooms, I could hear entire conversations and what the people in the next room were watching on TV. Needless to say my nights sleep was disturbed quite a lot.

Rooms although clean were so grotty. I don't mind old furniture and carpets etc but feel they should be maintained to an ok standard. All the furniture in the room was stained, marked and/or burnt. Rooms had a musty, stale smell. Bathroom smelt of urine (presumably from the pee soaked carpet tiles). Fixtures and amenities in the room such as the hairdryer and picture frames were discoloured. All in all the place just felt grubby and grotty, rather then simple and basic.

When I arrived there was a man dressed as a woman (in very revealing clothing) mooching up and down the hallway outside my room. This went on for some time, which seemed a little strange considering it was late at night and nobody else was walking up and down the hallways. I am not sure what was going on here.

I didn't stay for breakfast so cannot comment on the food.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo