“Service par excellence”

Ranked #75 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Mississauga, Canada
“Service par excellence”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 11 nights. The hotel succeeds in providing the service of a privately owned hotel with all the conveniences of a modern city hotel. The room we had was Queen pPus and was extremely comfortable and very well appointed with every available space used for storage and comfort. t was unbelievably quiet overlooking the courtyard-able to sleep soundly on arrival from Canada in the middle of the day. It is central to Tube, river boat, bus, especially bus 24 which takes you everywhere!!!

Most of all I applaud the service offered by the lobby staff. We knew where we wanted to go but they were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful (helped my husband replace screw on galsses). I wish the hotel well but don't become too popular as we may not be able to afford another visit.

I hope all the lobby staff get duties during the stay of the Brazilian Beach volley Ball team in July. Thank you

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bordertart
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Madam,
What a splendid review, thank you! I shall pass on your kind comments to concierge, who are indeed very friendly and I am glad they were able to help. I hope you had a pleasant trip back to Canada and we hope to look after you and your husband again in the near future,
With best wishes from London,
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough
Reviewed 1 March 2012

After a busy morning in the local area, we visited here for afternoon tea. Although we changed our reservation time, it was not a problem for staff.
Service was exceptional; a leisurely afternoon of perfection.
Good locality to transport links.
Definitely a place we will revisit when we are in London again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Wow, thank you! We strive for excellence in our service, but I am delighted to read that my team were exceptional! You have made my day. We hope that you will return soon and perhaps sample our menu at the Caxton Grill on your next visit?
Warm regards,
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I recently took our two sons to London for their first trip to Europe and stayed at St. Ermin's Hotel. It is perfectly located just around the corner from Buckingham Palace and a few steps away from the St. James tube station. The lobby is gorgeous, the restaurant is great and the rooms are sparklingly clean and while a bit small, quite comfortable.
It is the service, however, that makes this hotel so special. From the moment we arrived to our final goodbyes, the staff treated us more like old friends than simply hotel guests. Everyone made an effort to make a connection with us.
Head consierge Lee Wood and his staff were especially helpful finding us hard-to-get theater tickets, giving us detailed directions to sites we were interested in seeing, answering our endless questions and going above and beyond anything we could have expected in terms of service.
For instance, one morning I inquired about getting dinner on Brick Lane. Lee Wood not only recommended a perfect restaurant for our family, but he also printed out a menu for us. But that's not all. That evening he had his car ready to drive us all to Brick Lane. He said it was on his way home and wouldn't even accept a tip. It was a memorable gesture that I'm sure my sons will be retelling for years to come.
St. Ermin's is a great hotel in a great location, but it is our connection to Lee Wood and all the employees there that we will remember and will keep us going back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ellen R
Dear Madam,
It warms my heart to read your review. Head Concierge Lee Wood certainly is a gentleman and he has been known to go out of his way to help our guests, I am glad that he was able to deliver exceptional service for you and your family; there’s nothing quite like being shown a great Brick Lane restaurant by a genuine Eastender!
Lee has asked me to pass on a big “Hello” to your sons (and will be forwarding the special ingredients to you as promised!)
Kindest regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I got the chance to stay at the St Ermin's Hotel for a week while travellling on business. Just a great overall experience. Rooms were comfortable, great location, and I liked the restaurant and bar. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Liverpool
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've stayed several times since the hotel was refurbished. On each occasion I've been impressed by the genuine friendliness of the staff and quality of the accommodation.

The room service (haven't sampled the restaurants) was very good and reasonably priced for a hotel of this standard in central London.

I suspect that people have yet to crack on to the fact it's in a brilliant location with many of the main tourist sites within walking distance. Alternatively, St James' Park tube station is just round the corner.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business