54 Boutique Hotel
US$223
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$145
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$208
US$168
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$182
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$189
US$187
US$129
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe natural history museumthe royal albert hallimperial collegesouth kensingtongreat locationcontinental breakfasthyde parkgloucester road tubedeluxe roomkensington areasmall hotelgood sizepiccadilly lineminute walklovely hotelstayed here for one nightflights of stairs
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed here to see Cirque de Soleil. Good location for Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park,V & A and Natural History Museum. Reasonable size room for London and nicely furnished with plenty of space for clothes. Our bathroom was a bit tired but plenty of hot water and the towel rail wasn't working. We were on the 3rd floor and the lift only went to the 2nd floor so a bit tricky if you have mobility problems. Staff were helpful and courteous. Continental breakfast excellent.

Room Tip: Room 15 overlooks the Natural History Museum
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here overnight with my Daughter for a trip to see Cirque de Soleil. Very friendly reception and bar staff. Ideally situated a short stroll from the Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Natural History & V&A Museums & Harrods. There are a lot of stairs in the property so check your room location if you have mobility issues. Very comfortable bed & well equipped room. Well stocked and reasonably priced bar. We booked a double room through Booking.com for £99. We will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Blodwyn3
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed here on Sat Dec 17th and the evening receptionist told me off very loudly for putting my do not disturb sign on the door. I had done this because of expensive photography equipment in the room. Apparently this upsets housekeeping, who entered the room regardless and moved my kit about. Average rooms, a little tired - we had a luxury room which was exactly the same as the standard one our friends inhabited. Rude staff

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank AirmileAlex
54manager, Manager at 54 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to put a review on trip Advisor. Having read your comments I would like to apologise about what happened to you during your stay. I pride myself on knowing that the staff at 54 are always there to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. The staff member in question has been removed from the hotel after a meeting was held with him. Once again please accept my apologies for what happened. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Great small hotel, in a wonderful quiet location, but very expensive. However, for London it's a normal price. Very cozy, neat, and clean. The person at the reception counter was very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jumanjii
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I have been staying at the 54 for 10 years for both business and pleasure, on my own, with my wife, with my wife and family, with my family and friends. Everybody loves it. The 54 is my home in London because that is exactly how I am treated, like a member of their family.

I stay in hotels all over the world, and short of the Shangri La in Hong Kong, the 54 is my favourite for business and personal use. But it depends what you want in a hotel. If you want a gym, fancy restaurant, executive lounge, loyalty scheme, or any of the other trappings of the chain hotels, then look elsewhere. But I am not interested in these, nor for paying for them whether I use them or not.

After 25 years of hotel life all I, and now my family, appreciate is a warm reception, a comfortable stay, a good night sleep, a shower that works, a great location, and a check in and check out experience that does not feel like queuing up at the post office at Christmas.
But most of all a feeling that I am staying somewhere that I feel at home, and not a dorm with benefits.

If you share these views there is no place like the 54. If they are ever booked I would rather commute (200m) than stay somewhere else.

Over the decade I have stayed with the 54 I have watched a string of continuous improvements, all of which have enhanced the property without taking away the essence of a boutique hotel, and this has been good to watch, right down to this weeks security enhancements re room key operation, very innovative.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call them and tell them what you need
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business