4,506 results
All reviews piccadilly circus pall mall rose lounge hermes toiletries luxury room buckingham palace national gallery james park regent street room service beautiful hotel perfect location turn down service afternoon tea west end five star hotel junior suite
Reviewed 12 May 2017

My wife and I are thankful in every way! Raymond, the receptionist, was very kind and helpful. Sofitel has become our regular place of stay every time we fly through Heathrow, which is about four times a year.

Room Tip: I like a room closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank imadnsh
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear guests,

I am glad to hear that Sofitel London St James is your "home away from home" whenever you come to London. This is our utmost reward.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The room was excellent and I certainly was not cramped as you can feel in other so called 5 star hotels. The staff were wonderful no matter their role from the front desk, the concierge desk, the restaurant and bar staff, the housekeeping staff. They are obviously very well trained and they remembered your name, what you liked and also interacted with you about your day or what requirements you might have. They were of the highest professional standard and a pleasure to engage with.

Room Tip: Room facing Regent St and Pall Mall was excellent in terms of view, natural light, ambience
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank khardy478
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear guest,

I thank you very much for your delightful feedback.

I thank you for pointing out our attentive, high standards of services.

We look forward to your next visits.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

This hotel is so nice. It's pretty, has a beautiful restaurant and lounge and is perfectly located. The staff is professional and so accommodating! I would recommend it for anyone visiting London who likes to walk to many destinations.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary M

Dear madam,

I thank you for your positive feedback.

I thank you also for recommending Sofitel London St James and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Professional, helpful and friendly staff, who go out of their way, to please and make us feel at home.
Cosy, well decorated rooms, with all the facilities needed, including coffee machine, and kettle. The bathroom is functional and the shower and bath products are of quality ( orange d'Hermés ).
We had planned on spending a lot of time sight seeing, so we chose a simple, superior room, with out a view.
Even so the room was aesthetic, very clean, and the bed particularly comfortable.
I have very high standards, because I feel that when I'm away from home, for work or even leisure the hotel room makes all the difference. The Sofitel St James met my standards at 100%.
The whole hotel smells nice, the essences are ( I think )a mixture of orange and fig
The building is beautiful and in a very calm area, but only a 6 minute walk from the lively and booming side of London.
Another huge advantage, Leicester square, the strand, covent garden and soho are all close and at walking distance. There are a lot of places to eat, drink, etc very near the hotel. It is also very easy to go by foot, on a sight seeing tour, many important sites are very near the hotel. ( Buckingham palace, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, St Pauls Cathedral, St James Parc and much more ).
We didn't dine in the hotel, but we did spend time in the bar, which is a lovely place to be with good cocktails and a good wine list. One night, We even chose to nibble on a few appetisers instead of having diner out, every thing was perfect.
I find their breakfast menu very intelligent. 3 choices : small, medium or big breakfast.
We tryed all three, depending on the hour, and plans for the day.
I highly recommend the Sofitel St James, and that is where I will go for my future trips to London, and will carry on going, if they continue to keep up their high standards.
I have been to a lot of hotels in London, this is by far my favorite.

Room Tip: The standard room was perfect and very cosy, we where on the fourth floor, which was very calm.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GKD64

Dear guest,

I thank you for this wonderful feedback.

I am glad to read that you have very much enjoyed the hotel as well as your room.

I can tell you have an eye for detail. Indeed a fragrance specially created for Sofitel is diffused all throughout the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our central yet quiet hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We stayed here for three nights recently and wish it had been longer. The hotel itself is beautiful with spacious rooms and all the necessary facilities. The staff were very friendly and did everything to ensure our stay here was enjoyable, particularly Alina, Gergely and Kel - although every staff member we met were brilliant. This would definitely be one of the best hotels for service we have ever stayed at. The hotel is also in a great location with the Piccadilly Circus tube just a short walk away at the top of the street and Trafalgar Square a block and a bit in the other direction. There are plenty of good bars and restaurants nearby in every direction.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baylovers

Dear guests,

I am very pleased to hear that you have had an amazing stay at Sofitel London St James.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our central yet quiet location.