See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The receptionist was very rude,there were no tea/ coffee facilities. The room was very dirty. There was even a bottle of cleaning fluid left lying around, with many acid attacks happening surely that is not a good idea. overall a terrible experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandie R
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel needs to be shut down
Awful .. 0 out of a 100

minimal old basic furniture , poor service ,no refreshments
Property needs renovating,potential safety and health hazard.
Unclean and old mattresses
I felt absolutely robbed and didn't even have a wash there ...I had one on the train coming home and was straight in the bath.
Had a couple of flea bites too

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank john h
Reviewed 14 July 2017

On the positive side the location, outside appearance, cost and cleanliness of the bedding / towels are all good.
on the negative side, the internal condition of the hotel is poor, the rooms basic, the bathroom facilities poor but the poorest part of the experience is the reception welcome / service which is frustratingly poor.
This hotel could be so good with a little investment but I would say it did what it needed to do in terms of supplying a cheap bed for the night.

Room Tip: Trust to luck and good luck !
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I entered the hotel after a long journey, to a very unhelpful receptionist, I had an issue when paying as I had booked it for £55 online (Booking.com) I was then charged £60 by the receptionist who seemed to make up £5 from somewhere. A small amount but it was the principle that annoyed me. The room I was given was small with an extra bed frame that took up alot of space in the room. The bed was small and the mattress springs had broken, but the bedding was clean at least. The bedroom was noisy and the sink in the room was dirty and made a terrible rumbling noise during the night.

Room Tip: Good Location, but would be better and cheaper staying in a hostel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank James H
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This hotel was just horrible. We had a small room at the back on the ground floor which was badly furnished with a mouldy and rusty shower cubicle and the most basic facilities that you'd expect to find in the cheapest hostel. The photographs are not at all representative of the room we had and we are cross and disappointed. I wish I'd read the reviews here first. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple