“Lost and Found! Nothing but honesty!”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #377 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Holiday Inn, Regent's Park from 3 Feb - 5 Feb 2012, and have nothing but praise for an extremely helpful hotel.

To compliment them even further, my girlfriend had initially thought she had lost her expensive DKNY bracelet and was resigned to losing it. I rang up the Holiday Inn Regent's Park in the off-chance that the bracelet may have been left in the room.

The staff were extremely helpful on the phone, initially they said the bracelet was not found but they asked could they phone me back in 5 minutes. And true to their word, they phoned me back within the 5minutes to say that they had found the bracelet and sent it to my home address in Belfast, Northern Ireland, recorded delivery free of charge the same day!

Hotels these days get a very bad reputation these days for dishonest staff and unhelpful staff, but this hotel was the complete opposite.

Another great plus for the hotel was the location; absolutely perfect location literally 2-3minutes walk from Great Portland Street tube station and about 10minutes walk from the middle of Oxford Street. And the breakfast was absolutely out-of-this-world!!!!!!!

Would recommend this hotel to anybody! Fantastic!

Room Tip: Slight negative was that our room was on the top floor but lifts are perfectly fine.
1  Thank GerardQ2609
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here for just under £100 bed & breakfast mid week booking with Hotelopia - which against the 'best price guarantee' offer from Holiday Inn of £167 was a great deal. Don't be fooled by the best price guarantee - First you have to book & pay at the higher price with IHG, then they will tell you that the offer only applies to other selected 'approved' websites such as Hotels.com, who of course are charging the same as them.

This hotel is located just a 1 minute walk from Great Portland Street Underground Station, which is easily reached from Paddington. It is also close to Euston Station, Regents Park & about a 10 minute walk from Oxford Street.

I arrived 2 hours prior to the designated check in time but was nevertheless checked in with effortlessly efficiency within 2 minutes by the polite & professional lady at reception. In fact all the staff I encountered during my staff were without exception very friendly, polite & professional - they gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble & they genuinely wanted me to have a pleasant stay.

My double room wasn't massive but more than adequate. The room was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable & plenty of pillows were provided. There was a large flat screen TV, tea & coffee making facilities, min bar, safe, hair drier, ironing board & adequate hanging space.

In the bathroom there was an over bath shower which worked very well, plenty of towels as well as soap & shampoo.

All in all this was a well presented comfortable hotel that in my opinion easily met the 4 star rating advertised. The best thing about this place though is the location. It is an easy walk to Oxford Street / Bond Street & on to Soho / China Town. Close to the hotel are several pubs & a Tesco & Sainsbury supermarkets. There are also chain restaurants like Pizza Express / Nando's. If you walk a little further afield toward Oxford Street there are dozens of restaurants serving Italian, Greek, Chinese, Korean, Turkish, Lebanese it is pretty endless really & worth exploring. There are also plenty of other pubs which seemed very busy with the after work crowds from the surrounding TV & advertising companies.

If you are up to walking a little further again (10 mins max) it is worth it to get to the Goodge / Charlotte Street area where dining & drinking options really are endless....

The breakfast which was included in my tariff was the typical hotel fare, some of which was under the heating lamps for too long - it was OK, but I wouldn't pay extra for it if not included in the tariff.

My only real grip was that they wanted £28 for the movie & broadband package which is horrendous. Four star hotels should offer Wi-Fi for free in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank TheDrippingTap
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Spent three nights here. Location - excellent. Within walking distance of Euston, 10 minutes to Warren Street tube, easy walking to Oxford Street. Room - what I need for city break - comfortable and clean; somewhere to leave stuff and sleep. Decent size as well - not the usual broom cupboard and could move in bathroom! Had room overlooking courtyard so no traffic noise; in fact hotel was very quiet. Staff all very pleasant and helpful. Only quibble I would have was the coffee at breakfast - very stewed and often not hot. Would suggest getting coffee machines so that guests could help themselves rather than being waited on. Definitely one of the better hotels that I've stayed in for this price range in central London.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking courtyard don't get traffic noise and have windows that open.
1  Thank Superb
HIRegentsPark_2, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Superb,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We value your comments regarding the staff and I am sure they will be proud to here that they are seen as pleasant and helpful. With regards to the coffee, we are currently reviewing the process of serving coffee as well as the flavour of the coffee. Your comments are a valuable insight and will certainly be noted.

Thank you once again for your feedback and if there is anything further that we can do please do not hesitate to contact me.

Simon Hall

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed in a twin room which was quite small, but I suppose its to be expected in London. The floor we were on had a mixture of smoking and no smoking rooms. We were directed by signs to walk past the smoking rooms to get to ours. Quite a horrible stench in the air. The rooms itself was very cramped, not much room for luggage or to move around. Probably the smallest hotel rooms I have been in. There was thankfully no street noise was experienced. Happy to report Amellia and Gabriella were very pleasant. Breakfast was ok and the staff weren't in a rush to move us along or hurry us. We ate at evening meal in the restaurant which we thought was expensive. Due to the small rooms and smell of smoke I would have to think twice before booking here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lfc84
HIRegentsPark_2, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Ifc84,

Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay with us.
I am glad to report that taking your comments into consideration we are now looking into purchasing odour neutralising machines to have outside of our smoking rooms. This will eliminate the odour to our non smoking guests outside of the few smoking rooms that we have.

Thank you for your comments regarding our pleasant staff and your comments regarding the rest of your restaurant experience has been duly noted.

Jeremy Mossman
Front Office Manager
jeremy.mossman@ihg.com

Reviewed 28 February 2012

“Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
And smile, smile, smile”

This should be the anthem for Holiday Inn Regents Park as Byron Wilson the hotel Manager appears to have the bar raised for friendly, helpful and smiling staff. I stayed with my wife for two nights in February .As luck would have it a large group entered just before we arrived. Ali the concierge explained that we may have to wait a while but as I am a Gold priority member I bypassed the queue and went to a separate reservation area. Kesnia the receptionist said we had an upgrade to an Executive room.
The room number was 321 the room was a fair size for a central London hotel we had robes, Chocolates and complimentary papers and bottle water. I found the pillows hard and asked reception for soft feather pillows these were changed immediately. The area is noisy but with the windows shut there is no problem, it is Central London after all.
We had a meal in the Junction Restaurant; the menu was varied and catered for all tastes. We started off with a fish and chip platter which we could share .then to Daube of Beef in dauphinoise potatoes. The crème de la crème was Chocolate Honeycomb Cheesecake (recommended).The Chef to be credited is Stuart Campbell and it was overseen by Abdul in charge of the restaurant. The best was that they participate in Taste card and my food bill was reduced by 50%. Also check out the offers on their hotel website as it offers 20% reduction without the Tastecard.Also I printed out two complimentary vouchers for wine at the Junction Bar during our stay there. The breakfast is as good as if not better than the Hilton there were queues but we never waited more than 5 minutes which I thought was acceptable.
The hotel leads onto Great Portland Street, a leisurely 10mins to Oxford Street which again leads to Regent Street again a 10 minutes walk to Piccadilly Circus. Although tubes are very close, but give the buses a miss there is so much roadwork in Oxford Street after purchasing a tickets the bus did not turn up after 50mins lost our money and caught a tube. Never again will I trust London buses.
So if you want a hotel with location, friendly staff, good accommodation and food then look no further. Holiday Inn Regents Park ticks all the boxes.

3  Thank postypaulh

Dear PostyPaulh,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn London Regent's Park and furthermore enjoyed your stay in London. Thank you very much for your kind feedback, in particular comments about the service of our staff.

I understand about your frustrations about London transport, however should you stay in the future please make sure you visit our helpful concierge team who can find out of any disruptions for your planned journey and advise the best option.

Please do let me know when you are planning your next visit and I will be sure to make sure your next stay is an even better one.

Jeremy Mossman