“Good service poor food.”
Review of The Folly

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Step inside into a haven of foliage and garden-inspired interiors where you can sip creative cocktails and enjoy the seasonal all-day dining menu from early morning breakfasts through to dinner and late night drinks. Spread over two floors and with a spacious private dining room downstairs, The Folly is equipped for your every need.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the pheasant sausage roll to start. It was lukewarm and tasteless. I have had better from Greggs. As it was Friday I ordered Fish and Chips. You would think a simple dish could not go wrong. The fish was cold and sad and the batter was thin and just not right. I have had decent meals here before but this has put me off going again.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visted The Folly last Friday and was very impressed. Great atmosphere, amazing decor, lovely cocktails and good music. All the staff were polite and friendly especially Megan Hesse. She sorted me and my friends out with everything that we needed.
We had extra people joining our table and was quick to accommodate our extra guests with a friendly and warm smile.
You would never of know that she was a new starter! Absolutely loved her!
We’ll be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really disappointed. I booked a table here for my 30th knowing that it had a good vibe and loads of cocktails. Some of my party backed out so I arrived hoping we would still have an amazing time. In the 2 hour booking, we were approached by the staff only 3 times, took almost 45 mins till we were asked what we wanted to eat. We was only able to order 2 cocktails each in that time because we had waited so long for the first ones to arrive. My friends second cocktail never arrived. Also asked for water, that never arrived. The burger I ordered was extremely dry and struggled to eat it because I had no drink! I am not usually one to complain but seeing as it was my birthday and I had high hopes of getting a few drinks in, I was extremely disappointed. I won’t return or recommend this place to anyone else. I appreciate it can get busy and waiting times can be long, it’s totally understandable. But only being able to have 2 drinks the entire booking is shocking. Thankfully we had sky garden booked afterwards!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked on here for the follow which was easy! Also even messaged directly to the Folly to update our booking to 4 which they did so quickly. We were greeted at the entrance but some welcoming/ funny guys (security/bouncer type men). Then were shown to our table - requested to sit in the garden and so we did. Have to mention Megan Hesse - what a HUN and she was new! Such good hosting skills, we have extra guests turn up who she accommodated and helped up move table to the super cosy seats, asked her a bunch of questions like toilet, table number, more chairs abs she was so accommodating. So sesshy downstairs which was also great! Music was banging and cocktails were 10/10. Also have to add the gentlemen that kept coming round to clear glasses and our drinks were babes too.

Reviewed 16 September 2021 via mobile

We visited twice this week for drinks only, so cannot comment on the food. Cocktails were lovely and the decor in this place is simply beautiful. The toilets are the best toilets I have ever seen!
We did notice lots of people just being left waiting at the door, with no greeter, ending up giving up and leaving. Maybe they are short staffed.