New Linden Hotel
US$254
US$217
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$107
US$214
US$189
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnotting hillportobello roadhoneymoon suitebayswater tube stationcontinental breakfastkensington gardenscold meatshyde parkluggage roomminute walkbigger roomstaff on receptionlovely hotelnice bathroombars and restaurantsrooms are smallyogurt
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Sadly we never made it to the hotel because of a illness in the family and had to cancel the room with 48 hours notice. The hotel charged us full rate for the room and were not willing to negoitiate or even consider any form of credit voucher or reduced cancellation charge. Disappointing particuarly as the large hotel chain nearby which was only slightly more expensive and which we had rejected in preference to booking this one let customers cancel up to 4pm on day of arrival with no charge. Very disappointed with the customer service and lack of consideration. I appreciate they are a business but if the competion can do it, I know where I will spend my money in future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Very nice hotel great value for money, rooms were faultless, cleaniess was supurb only fault would like to have seen a full english breakfast available rather as continental

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Great value accomodations in aanexcellent Nottinghill location! Amazingly helpful staff made the stay seem like 4 star accomodations. ooms definitely European in size (note to Americans expecting Embassy Suite size rooms), but the value for a clean room in a great London location cannot be beat. Dining and shopping in this neighborhood are such that it will be hard to leave!

Room Tip: Request a larger bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my parents and my sister and our partners when we celebrated my dads birthday. Despite booking 3 months in advance, the best rooms they could come up with were two tiny rooms in the basement for my sister and I. My parents had booked a suite, but were given a room that was nothing more than standard size with a fancy shower. Just because you plonk a flatscreen and two chairs in a room doesn't mean it's suddenly a suite!

Minuses:
-Room was so so small, luckily we only had one suitcase, would have been in trouble with two. My sister's room was so small they could stand in the doorway and fall onto the bed.
-Floor was very poorly laid, it was wonky and very creeky.
-Big gap under the door with light streeming in from the corridor outside.
-No blind in front of the bathroom window, just a vent which meant anyone could look in if they felt like it.
-Very noisy in the mornings as the staff came in to work and to prepare breakfast (never got to sleep past 6.45).
-Beds were extremely hard and the room was damp. It had clearly not been used for quite some time.
-There was a massive gap under the sink where we could see loads of cobwebs. A cover for these gaps does not cost a fortune....
-The hairdryer was a year out of date on it's safety check.
-No safety latch on the windows, which meant it was not possible to leave the windows open overnight.
-TV didn't work, we informed the staff (who told us they would "come and show us how to turn it on", like we were complete idiots) and then went out to dinner. When we arrived, my dad was informed by reception that the TV was now fixed. My partner and I went to our room where a young lad was waiting to fix the tv that was supposedly now working. He tried the same buttons as we did, but to my knowledge, turning a decoder box on is a bit tricky when there is no decoder box there..... He was, unsurprisingly, unsuccesful and said he would report to the reception that the tv did not work. This was on the friday, we reminded them on saturday and when we left on sunday we still did not have a working tv.

Plus: Breakfast was actually ok. Had a lot worse on travel in Europe and most places you don't even get breakfast anymore. And the design was ok.

Conclusion is; don't bother booking here, but if you must, make sure you don't get one of the basement rooms!

Room Tip: There are better and cheaper hotels in the area. But if you must book here, insist on not getting a basement room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lille M
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I decided to stay at this hotel on my trip to London for the WTM and I must say that its location, service etc was ideal for what I was looking for. The rooms are just the right size. The only think I would advise to change a little bit are the items offered for breakfast. Maybe its better to just offer the continetal breakfats and not really the "cheese and ham" thats on offer. Appart from that , I would definitely stay at the hotel again and thank you for all the service and help.

Room Tip: i think the rooms on reception level and basement floor (breakfast floor) are not as good as to the sleep quality as the othres. I satyed on the 2nd floor and wsa happy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business