“Very nice and friendly inn !!”

St. Christopher's Inn Hostel - London Bridge
Ranked #311 of 873 Speciality Lodging in London
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice and friendly inn !!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I never write any message on internet about the places that I visited. But I realy want to give my feeling about St Christopher's inn (Borough Hight Street).
I booked a room for 10 people (we were 10, so it was perfect !) I was very suprised when i saw the room, it was better than I expected to an inn ! Clean, warm, we didn't need to make the beds. Everything was allright. The staff is very very nice, friendly and always happy for helping us. The bathroom and the toilets are ok. And the pub downstairs has a good atmosphere (like the rest of the inn !) we can easily start the night here, the drinks are cheap and you can eat a burger not bad at all.
About the breakfast it's free, but you don't have a lot of choice: toasts butter/jam, cereals, and hot drinks, but it's correct ! You can also order an other breakfast (but not free)
It's the perfect place to have a nice week- end in London, but only if you want to have fun and making parties out. If you're looking for a relaxing place for the week end, I'm not sure you'll appreciate the st Christopher's... Plan to buy earplugs for the night because the street is very noisy!
I realy enjoy my week end here if some friends want to come back in London to visit me I wouldn't hesitate to book again a room there !
Thank you to the staff !!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Agathe D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff is lovely... Very helpful to each inquiry. The location of the hostel is great, and is within a walking distance of the most important touristic attractions. Very easy to arrive by night bus. I only did not like 2 things: the security staff at night were very aggressive and the toilets were not working properly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Diana S
Mount Barker
Reviewed 2 February 2012

What a buzzing place! Our first stop on our big UK and Europe adventure and we had a ball here. We met a lot of different people and had a few big nights at Belushis Bar!

The rooms were average, with horrible showers that we're cold and shared between the floors. Breakfast was complimentary but basic tea/coffee, cereal and toast.

The great thing is with St Christopher's is that you get discount at all their chains ... includes the Belushis Bar which meant incredibly cheap drinks.

I had a lot of fun here.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Lidema90
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I absolutely loved this hostel. It was clean, cheap, and in a great location which I believe are the three main things to look for in a hostel. When we arrived the lock on our 14-bed room was broken so they allowed us to store all valuables in lockers for free during our stay. The lock on the door was fixed anyway by the day after we arrived. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, some where not. This happens. Also we stayed in the main building and it was quite loud in the hostel. I am a heavy sleeper and prefer a cheaper price than quiet room so it didn't really bother me. They have another building a block down that they advertise as the quieter building, but since I did not say there, I couldn't tell you. They also have a free breakfast that consists of toast, cornflakes, tea, and coffee. It is not much but when traveling free food is great. One of the best things is that while staying there you receive 10% off all food and can get the 3.95(in pounds) special. The special changes but is usually a wrap/sandwich with fries. The fries were always perfect and the main dish was good as well. It is a good amount of delicious food for cheaper than any other restaurant.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca K
Well, Limburg, Netherlands
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Clean room.

DIRTY, DIRTY bathroom. That was the only problem. From clogged toliets to mold growing on the floor. Yuck.

Noisy. I didn't mind it, but if you are a light sleeper, DO NOT COME HERE. There is a bar/club downstairs that blasts music. A lot of partiers come here. It is definitely a party hostel. It WILL be noisy.

Security - meh. There are lockers underneath the bunk beds. Bring a lock. It is imperative to bring a lock if you are worried about security.

The staff was the best perk. They were friendly, helped us navigate from hostel to airport. So sweet.

Not my cup of tea. Not coming here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels