“The Levin Rocks”

Ranked #271 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Louisville, Kentucky
“The Levin Rocks”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Levin provided exceptional service and rooms for our family of FOURTEEN last June (2011). SInce we were just coming off the Queen Mary 2, our standards were high and The Levin more than exceeded my expectations. I was in charge of planning this trip, and believe me, I got plenty of accolades from every single member of our party for having selected The Levin.

The rooms were superb-- large, quiet, perfectly equipped and clean and classy. But it is the service at The Levin that shines. There is no "front desk" in this property-- just a stand with the manager at hand. There is more than enough other staff, it is just that they are out of sight. Any request will be accomodated. I hope that I will be fortunate enough to stay at The Levin again someday soon.

Room Tip: Explain exactly what you want and they will shoot straight with you. We had classic deluxe rooms an...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ABOofLKY
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you and the rest of your group had a fabulous time here at The Levin.

I will share your good comments with my staff and I do hope to see you again here in London.

Please let me know of any future visits you have planned and I be happy to help you with a reservation.

All the best

Harald Duttine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We recently had two stays (3 nights and 4 nights) at The Levin in January, 2012 for the first time (on previous occasions used a similar style hotel). The service level provided by the Levin was consistently exceptional (the value of staying at a boutique property).

The location of this hotel is without question the absolute best you could find in Knightsbridge. A street behind Harrods, one street from Sloane Street, Harvey Nicholls and Brompton Rd shopping, a couple of blocks from Beauchamp Place (great restaurants) and Cadogan Place.

Not only does this small hotel of 12 rooms provide the normal 4 star services you would expect, they consciously go out of their way to add value to your particular circumstances which included unsolicited assistance with reservations, information, travel advice etc. They even went out of their way (unbeknown to us) to finally locate our luggage which went missing on an interline transfer whilst we were getting the usual run around from BA.

When you stay at The Levin, you must acknowledge what you are getting compared a larger 4 star hotel of similar standard in London. As it is a small intimate hotel it does not have 2/3 high powered speed elevators, instead a cute original classic 1940’s cage elevator which adds to its unmistakable charm, no health club or gym, business centre or intimate bar, just great personalised service and surroundings.

The Levin has a fabulous no-nonsense restaurant down stairs with good food open from 6.30 am to 11.00 pm where the local businesses constantly frequent (noticed lots Harrods staff on their breaks, lunch and dinner).

Rooms are typical of 5 star London hotels containing smaller to more spacious rooms with typical British furnishings, we stayed in two room types all had good products and very nice small convenient touches.

The Hotel is managed by Harold Duttine who runs a terrific operation alongside his small friendly and professional team.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Poss739
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review about The Levin.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your views with my team.

It is always nice to get positive feedback such us yours this makes us feel very proud in what we doing.

We will continue our excellent service and make sure we will have plenty more happy customer to come.

Please let me know of any future travels to London and I am more than happy to help you with a reservation.

All the best

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Very nice, fresh and clean hotel. The bathroom had heating in it's marble floor which was nice on a cold winter day. I normally don't use the bathrooom products supplied by hotels but in this place they are from Kiehl's so I tried them out. I ended up being a Kiehl customer afterwards.

The hotel is quiet despite being located in central London.

After living in Asia for several years, I'm spoilt when it comes to service. The Levin can however compete with the best. No trouble is too much for the manager and staff in this hotel. They really took good care of me.

The restaurant/breakfast room is cosy and I loved the calm start it gave me on my days. The selections of food for breakfast was limited but I got additional things when I asked for it.

And finally you can't beat the proximity to Harrod's, Harvey Nichols and Sloane Street. If you're in London for shopping this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Luxury_traveller504
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice review we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I`m also pleased that you liked our bathroom products and it looks like you now a Kiehl`s customer.

We are proud in what we doing and we will continue doing so and hopefully we will get more good reviews like yours.

For any future visits to london please conatc me directly and I be happy to help with any future reservations .

Wishing you all the best

London
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here, when we were going to an event at the Madarin Oriental as I couldn't justify the room rates there. Mind you none of the hotels in the area are what you would call cheap, however the Levin was exceptional the rooms aren't exactly spacious but are finished to a very high standard. The plus is that the hotel is on a reasonable low traffic side street so noise is not an issue. The breakfast was superb (eggs benedict highly recommended). For a central London hotel it can easily justify the price in comparison to the nearby Hiltons and other "Name" hotels in the area which are twice the price, but twice as good? probably not.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thfc1afc0
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dera Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice and positive review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also had a good breakfast.
I will share your comments with my team and please let me know of any further travels to london and I would be happy to help you with any upcoming reservations

Wishing you all the best

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2012

my husband and i stayed here on christmas eve. we have stayed before and experienced simple perfection. i'm pleased to say our most recent stay didn't disappoint. the location is second to none, the rooms beautiful and the staff cannot do enough to help. we also had drinks and food at the Capital next door which is equally as impressive - the bar staff's knowledge and cocktail making abilities are amazing! my favourite hotel in europe.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lsb73
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a nice review for The Levin Hotel.
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your last stay with us and it is also good to hear that you had a good time at the Capital restaurant.
I will share your comments with all of my staff and please let me know of any further visits to the Levin and I am more than happy to assist you with your reservation.

Have a lovely day