The Rubens at the Palace
CrownePlaza.com
US$178
US$161
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$107
US$244
US$218
  • Pool
4,525 results
All reviewsbuckingham palacevictoria stationlibrary restaurantafternoon teaold masterscavalry barred carnationjames parkking roomfull english breakfastconcierge deskwonderful hotellovely roomgreen parktrafalgar squarebig benlocation was perfect
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My family of four (my husband, myself, and our two daughters ages 7 & 9) stayed at The Rubens for four nights during a recent vacation to London and Paris. We adored The Rubens. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and very kind to our children. Our room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed afternoon snacks on property, as well as breakfast in The English Room during our stay.

The location of the hotel was PERFECT. We could easily walk to Buckingham Palace and have a front row seat to the changing of the guard as the band marched right past the hotel. We could also walk to Westminster Abbey, Parlaiment, Trafalgar Square, and St. James Park. The hotel is a block from Victoria Station, where we easily hopped on the tube to get to various other destinations in the city. We had no trouble riding the bus, as there is a stop in front of the hotel.

We could not have had a better stay in London, and The Rubens was the best place for us. We will not hesitate to stay there again when we return.

Room Tip: We were able to reserve a suite so our family of four could stay in one room - a king bed plus a full size pull-out sofa for our daughters.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at The Rubens at the Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear KellyC828,

Thank you so much for leaving us a perfect review!

We so appreciate this. Your feedback means a great deal to the whole team, and we are thrilled. Thank you very much for your care and attention.

With my sincere hopes to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The Rubens at the Palace is in a fabulous location with incredible employees. There is a great deal of red in all of the public and
private spaces, but we became used to it after a few days. We enjoyed our stay and are grateful for the graciousness and helpfulness of the wonderful staff!

Stayed: April 2018

Dear leslie619,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us wonderful feedback.

I am so pleased you enjoyed a lovely stay with us, and found my team to be especially helpful and gracious!

With my hopes to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend with friends who were celebrating their Golden Wedding Anniversary. We chose this hotel as it was within a short walk of Victoria Station, from where we were departing on our Belmond Murder MysteryTrain Journey.

The rooms were comfortable, clean, well equipped and quirkily decorated. They were quite small as is usually the case with central London hotels.

The range and quality of food at breakfast was excellent. Hot food was ordered from a menu and served at the table, whereas everything else was buffet style. The service at breakfast was a little chaotic, with incorrect orders being delivered and long waits for some things.

All in all a very pleasant stay in a convenient location.

Room Tip: Internal courtyard view for a quieter night.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Leeds_UKTara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such lovely feedback online.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit, and to know that you had a brilliant time with us. I have shared your kind comments with my team this morning. I have also shared your feedback on our breakfast service with my Morning Manager. I am sorry to learn that you did experience some wait, as this is very unusual. Be assured that I will address this.

With my sincere hopes to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The rubens at the palace hotel accepted a reservation with fully prepaid payment of the charges for my stay. I was unable to stay in London, and cancelled the reservation more than 60 days before the proposed reservation. I wrote the manager of the hotel regarding this situation, and they have refused to refund any portion of my payments. TripAdvisor has made posting this observation unnecessarily difficult. I have to question who tripadvisor represents?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My partner & I stayed Easter Sunday with our dog, Monty. We received a lovely welcome from all the staff and were even checked in by Jesus, you really can't beat that for Easter service :-)

The room was beautiful, if a tiny bit small for the massive Queen sized bed, but it was really comfy. Monty also had his own bed supplied, as well as dog bowls, Bonios and a poo bag!

Monty was welcome throughout the Hotel, we dined in the Curry Room on Sunday evening. The food was good but the service a bit inattentive unfortunately, although they did acknowledge this and deducted the service charge.

The full English Breakfast in the English Grill was great, we were given an extra sausage for Monty too.

The Hotel is right by Buckingham Palace, so it was handy for walks around St James Park.

I would definitely return, and would highly recommend the Reubens as one of the most dog friendly places we (& Monty) have ever stayed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at The Rubens at the Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear kittenziggy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and feedback.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and felt so well cared for by my entire team! I know that they loved spoiling Monty too.

With my sincere hopes to welcome you back again soon!