All reviews four poster gloucester road no tea and coffee making facilities welcome drink quiet residential street charming hotel afternoon tea room service small hotel executive room four star hotel third floor spent nights tube station the royal albert hall booked this hotel an upgrade
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed with my cousin for 2 nights in this Hotel.
She had previously stayed here and raved about how wonderful it was. This time however it seemed as though no one had paid attention to the upkeep or training of staff for a very long time.
The bedroom was covered in dust, the air-con duct was filthy and not working and the bath had cleaning liquid running down the side.
The bed linen and towels were spotless. However the carpet was ripped. The window pane was cracked and the paint was pealing from the windowsill.
The hotel is very well located in a lovely quiet street and I am sure it was once a lovely property but no longer.
The first night there was a clothing exhibition in the one and only lounge and people were fitting clothes in front of our room, disgusting!!!
The staff are nice enough but constantly change and speak a poor English. We met the manager on the second day who was the only person who was polite accommodating and professional. We got an upgrade to a lovely pent-house room.
But sadly still this was in poor shape. Can you believe that when we ordered Coffee in the morning, they told us the kitchen was too busy!

Room Tip: NO room is good
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnicaKerr

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you liked the location of the hotel although I was hugely disappointed to note that we didn't live up to your expectations. We work hard to make each and every guest's stay special at The Cranley Hotel.

We hope the remainder of your trip to London was enjoyable and once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We Used to really enjoy coming to The Cranley but will not be back. Despite the attractive exterior it is Unkempt and very down at heel. Sadly it’s lost it’s charm - would not now recommend to anyone. Very poor value for money.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank E C

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your experience. I'm most concerned and sorry to read of your disappointments.
We are committed to delivering the highest level of service and I am sincerely apologetic that you felt that this was not reflected on this occasion.

Your feedback is most appreciated and please rest assured that we have taken your comments very much on board and will ensure we are much more thoughtful and sensitive in dealing with such matters in future.

I very much hope we will yet have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Cranley Hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Booked a 3 nights stay in this Hotel. What can I say.....
The bedroom was covered in dust, bedside lockers and inside the wardrobe. I asked each morning for the room to be serviced properly. The bathroom lightbulb was blown and I took down the light and left the bulb on the desk. For 3 days it was just left there.
The bedlinen and towels were spotless. However the carpet was ripped. The window pane cracked. The blind hanging off and the cords to the sash window broken. The feeling I get about this Hotel is that it is unloved. Perhaps bought as investment but very poor housekeeping and customer service. I am sure it was once a lovely property but no longer.
Where are the management? Who does the staff training......
Will not return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pigrim

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Very well located; tranquile neighborhood and close to subway station and commercial avenues.
Staff is friendly.
The downside was lack of housekeeping; our room wasn’t fully made and amenities and towels replaced two of the four days that we stayed there.
Also, the mattress wasn’t firm at all (old).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlos282828

Dear Guest,

I'm pleased you liked the location of the hotel although I was hugely disappointed to note that we didn't live up to your expectations. We work hard to make each and every guest's stay special at The Cranley Hotel.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely location but seriously in need of refurbishment. The carpet was threadbare, curtains and bed linens draping bed stained. On top of it all, the help needed a refresher on hospitality. None of the amenities were explained when we arrived. They explained that they were very busy in the morning so we needed to complete our breakfast reservations by 4am. Which we did and our continental breakfast was still 30 minutes late.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family