“Clean, safe, comfortable, Friendly staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside
Ranked #378 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We stayed here for our anniversary and booked a room with a balcony. Staff very helpful, friendly, attentive. Breakfast buffet was quite good, large selection, nice view as you ate. Rooms are good, clean. Property Is in residential neighborhood and 20-25 mins from central London. The C10 bus stop is in same block as property.
From any London airport, get to Jubilee tube line and go to Canada Water station then take the C10 Victoria bus which stops just short of front of hotel (hotel has its own named bus stop on this line). There are lifts in the Canada Water station if you have bags. Easy access to hotel, bus has places for luggage. To get to city, you can either take C10 Canada Water bus to tube station (10 min ride) from hotel and take Jubilee tube to city or take C10 Victoria bus to Victoria Station in central London (25min ride). From Victoria station you can pretty much go anywhere in London or beyond (see my write up of Doubletree Victoria). Both bus stops in either direction are within 2min walk (or less) of hotel driveway.
We did not use ferry service to Canary Wharf during stay but there are a number or resturants on that side of river. About 10-12min walk from ferry.
Good place to stay away from city hussle/bustle. Staff very helpful. We had an old $1 pound coin that a local bank would not change out for us and mentioned at checkout. Front desk associate changed it for us out of her personal funds (she got her purse and did it as you need a bank account to make this type of a coin change). Shows the steps the staff takes to do everything they can to make your stay a good as possible!
Will stay again and recommend this hotel if you do not like to stay in the crowded city.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to river with City view, highest floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kpkphx
Amie G, PA to General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to your most recent stay. We are delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. As highlighted our team work incredibly hard to ensure all guest leave totally satisfied. I will of course share you wonderful feedback with them as I know they will be delighted they were able to assist and exceed your expectations. Please do let us know when you will next return as it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

PA to General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Couldn’t believe our luck when we arrived. What a fab hotel. Sat right on the banks off the river Thames directly opposite Canary Wharf. The hotel was smart and well looked after. Consisting of old and new. One half is a converted old brick warehouse with a smart bar and restaurant area and the other side is the newer built on part with the car park underneath. A little ferry took you across to Canary Wharf which was handy for catching the Thames clipper. We used it to get to and from the O2. A much better way to travel than the tube. Service in the bar was good and we ate in there. My husband had a pizza and I had a smoked salmon and prawn sandwich which was very nice. We also had breakfast and that was excellent. There was a wide range of food to choose from. You could even order an omelette which was made while you waited. Overhaul a great hotel which we will definitely return to.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoayble one. I will of course share your feedback with the team as I know they will be delighted. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This was the worst stay I have ever had in a Hilton branded property. I haven't stayed at this hotel since it was a Hilton rather than Doubletree. The rooms are ok, smaller than they appear online and not as well finished. When I got to the room it was boiling hot. It was a sunny day and the room has large windows along one wall. Thermostat said it was 32 degrees! By the time I went to sleep I had managed to get it down to 27. My room had a balcony which was full of bird poo and the shower was leaking. The room did have a nice big TV and a bath which is always a plus.

The executive lounge was constantly a mess and no staff came in all day from noon until after 6pm. No still water in the fridge of the lounge for my entire time in the hotel but sparkling was always full. In the restaurant I could hear the chefs swearing whilst I was having dinner (I know chefs swear but I don't expect to hear it while i'm eating). The food was mediocre, my pie was pretty overdone.

Breakfast was extremely busy and some food items had run out. The staff seemed nice but were rushed off their feet. Food quality was good except from the scrambled eggs which were far too wet.

Housekeeping seemed to believe that my room was unoccupied as I was greeted in the morning at 9am by a member of staff walking into my room and my room was too hot! After a couple of hours another call from housekeeping while I was in the bath. Very strange and then once again at 1pm even though I had been granted check out at 3pm. This was most unsettling and made it hard to relax and feel comfortable.

The hotel benefits from nice walkways and great views across the Thames of Canary Wharf. They also benefit from a complimentary ferry across the Thames to and from Canary Wharf which is a great asset. The front office staff were very friendly and helpful and the public areas have been renovated nicely.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and I probably will never stay again. Try the Hilton in Canary Wharf or the soon to open Lincoln plaza instead.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are not worth it in this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Tatankar
Dragos-HiltonHelp, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Tatankar,

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton. We apologize for the malfunctioning HV/AC. We have reported your concerns to our maintenance team so we can make it right. We’ve addressed the issues with the room amenities. Should you return to the area, we would love another chance to provide you with an exceptional stay.

We always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job at being hospitable towards our guest. You dinner experience has also been passed along to our culinary department for further review. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

You get the usual Hilton standard. Whilst good quality, when related to the cost charged it is average.

Staff at front desk were friendly and efficient but ‘not hurried’. The entire check in process seems very old school, paper based and slow compared to more modern hotels....printout of paperwork, couple of signatures, credit card you booked with, etc etc.

Rooms are very spread out from the main hotel so quite a maze with multiple lifts going to different places etc.

Highlight is the novelty of the ferry over from Canary Wharf. Great location for that area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Lesley-HiltonHelp, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Kev L,

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction regarding the check in process, the staff and the room location. Please rest assured that we are actively working with our team to focus on guest satisfaction and we will keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate refresh options. Your compliments regarding the hotel's location and the ferry from Canary Wharf are greatly appreciated. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I have stayed here many times and have always been highly satisfied with the service. A clean bright hotel with fantastic views. The hospitality is warm, professional and efficient. My thanks in particular to Elvio, who has always been very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Amie G, PA to General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

PA to General Manager