We stayed here for our anniversary and booked a room with a balcony. Staff very helpful, friendly, attentive. Breakfast buffet was quite good, large selection, nice view as you ate. Rooms are good, clean. Property Is in residential neighborhood and 20-25 mins from central London. The C10 bus stop is in same block as property.
From any London airport, get to Jubilee tube line and go to Canada Water station then take the C10 Victoria bus which stops just short of front of hotel (hotel has its own named bus stop on this line). There are lifts in the Canada Water station if you have bags. Easy access to hotel, bus has places for luggage. To get to city, you can either take C10 Canada Water bus to tube station (10 min ride) from hotel and take Jubilee tube to city or take C10 Victoria bus to Victoria Station in central London (25min ride). From Victoria station you can pretty much go anywhere in London or beyond (see my write up of Doubletree Victoria). Both bus stops in either direction are within 2min walk (or less) of hotel driveway.
We did not use ferry service to Canary Wharf during stay but there are a number or resturants on that side of river. About 10-12min walk from ferry.
Good place to stay away from city hussle/bustle. Staff very helpful. We had an old $1 pound coin that a local bank would not change out for us and mentioned at checkout. Front desk associate changed it for us out of her personal funds (she got her purse and did it as you need a bank account to make this type of a coin change). Shows the steps the staff takes to do everything they can to make your stay a good as possible!
Will stay again and recommend this hotel if you do not like to stay in the crowded city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your memorable stay begins with a warm, chocolate chip cookie at check-in. DoubleTree by Hilton London - Docklands Riverside, located along the River Thames with stunning views of Canary Wharf - an ideal choice for travellers looking to make the most out of London from a waterside location. This former 17th-century wharf building boasts exposed brickwork and London's last dry dock for shipbuilding. The hotel's very own river ferry provides complimentary river access to the square mile of Canary Wharf as well as connecting you with Thames River Taxi Clippers that offer an unforgettable voyage on the Thames, straight into central London. Only 20 minutes away from London City Airport, the DoubleTree by Hilton London Docklands Riverside is the ideal place to stay when attending events at O2 Arena and the ExCel London conference venue or visiting museums and shopping. If we can't tempt you to take the river taxi, the nearby Underground station or Docklands Light Railway service offer alternative means of getting to the rest of the city. Secure parking for 120 cars is available at the hotel for just £14 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside