This was the worst stay I have ever had in a Hilton branded property. I haven't stayed at this hotel since it was a Hilton rather than Doubletree. The rooms are ok, smaller than they appear online and not as well finished. When I got to the room it was boiling hot. It was a sunny day and the room has large windows along one wall. Thermostat said it was 32 degrees! By the time I went to sleep I had managed to get it down to 27. My room had a balcony which was full of bird poo and the shower was leaking. The room did have a nice big TV and a bath which is always a plus.
The executive lounge was constantly a mess and no staff came in all day from noon until after 6pm. No still water in the fridge of the lounge for my entire time in the hotel but sparkling was always full. In the restaurant I could hear the chefs swearing whilst I was having dinner (I know chefs swear but I don't expect to hear it while i'm eating). The food was mediocre, my pie was pretty overdone.
Breakfast was extremely busy and some food items had run out. The staff seemed nice but were rushed off their feet. Food quality was good except from the scrambled eggs which were far too wet.
Housekeeping seemed to believe that my room was unoccupied as I was greeted in the morning at 9am by a member of staff walking into my room and my room was too hot! After a couple of hours another call from housekeeping while I was in the bath. Very strange and then once again at 1pm even though I had been granted check out at 3pm. This was most unsettling and made it hard to relax and feel comfortable.
The hotel benefits from nice walkways and great views across the Thames of Canary Wharf. They also benefit from a complimentary ferry across the Thames to and from Canary Wharf which is a great asset. The front office staff were very friendly and helpful and the public areas have been renovated nicely.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and I probably will never stay again. Try the Hilton in Canary Wharf or the soon to open Lincoln plaza instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your memorable stay begins with a warm, chocolate chip cookie at check-in. DoubleTree by Hilton London - Docklands Riverside, located along the River Thames with stunning views of Canary Wharf - an ideal choice for travellers looking to make the most out of London from a waterside location. This former 17th-century wharf building boasts exposed brickwork and London's last dry dock for shipbuilding. The hotel's very own river ferry provides complimentary river access to the square mile of Canary Wharf as well as connecting you with Thames River Taxi Clippers that offer an unforgettable voyage on the Thames, straight into central London. Only 20 minutes away from London City Airport, the DoubleTree by Hilton London Docklands Riverside is the ideal place to stay when attending events at O2 Arena and the ExCel London conference venue or visiting museums and shopping. If we can't tempt you to take the river taxi, the nearby Underground station or Docklands Light Railway service offer alternative means of getting to the rest of the city. Secure parking for 120 cars is available at the hotel for just £14 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside