“bad - every bit of it.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside
Ranked #370 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My first impression of this hotel were disappointing and alarm bells were ringing before i checked in. When trying to find the parking I managed to end up behind one of the wings of the hotel, I wasnt sure if they were flats (council) or the hotel, turns out it was the room I paid £130.00 for the night to stay in. parking was difficult, check in rather simple, I made my way to my room through a series of tight corridors and a lift which made a clapping noise every few seconds on my 90 second ride up 2 floors. I managed to eventually find my room. the bathroom was so small you literally can not shut the door. the views promised are not what you get.

I ordered room service, the gentleman didnt know what cranberry juice was. after a much explanation the food arrived. the person knocked once and then started to kick the door a few second later. I did try and get to the door as soon as possible but he didnt want to wait more than 8 seconds. When i opened the door i undersood why, he was holding a heavy tray and needed me to open the door else he would have dropped it. I suppose the corridors are far too narrow for a conventional room service trolley to zoom through.

the Chips were burnt and very dark brown in colour, you could smell the burnt oil on the soggy chips.

the shower was terrible and very small. My student halls in 2005 were much more pleasant.

Now i appreciate not every hotel in London would be world class but I think the Double Tree and Hilton Brand have let themselves down tremendously to associate themselves with this property.

I would never stay here again even if it was for £20.00 for the night.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Amie G, PA to General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are deeply disappointed to read such negative comments which will of course be addressed with the team. Please do contact me directly at the hotel as I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Not a great location for Canary Wharf unless you find the ferry useful.

Very limited restaurant menu although the food was well presented and tasted ok.

Rooms were very small and it felt a little bit like being in a converted council flat. There was another section which looked nicer so I would ask for that if I had to stay there again.

Taxi they called me seemed like a dodgy back street cab with no meter!

Been in better Hilton hotels

Room Tip: Not the council flat side!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Amie G, PA to General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that your enjoyed your time spent in our hotel. I will of course highlight the issue with the taxi service to our management team. I do hope you will once again consider staying with us.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and the location was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The first room we were put in didn't have a view so I asked if we could be moved. This happened with no trouble whatsoever and the room was perfect.
The free ferry to Canary Wharf was a great little bonus too.
Would recommend!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Amie G, PA to General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Many thanks for your review- We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and restaurant service. Our location is great and very easy to travel to central London making it extra easy with the use of our hotel ferry; I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

This hotel did not offer any of the services if expect when taking the suite. No luggage porter offer etc. not even breakfast included. In summary for the money the service level was not in line. Apart from that the hotel offers wonderful location, efficient staff, and rooms that meet expectations.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Amie G, PA to General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are pleased to hear that your enjoyed the location while staying with us, I will of course highlight your concerns with our management team. I do hope you will consider staying with us once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Great value room made us slightly concerned it wouldn't be anything to get excited about.....we were wrong, so I am writing! Went to a concert @ 02 and had a terrible journey from Somerset so no time to check in. Fell through the door at about 11.30, too tired too eat but enjoyed the warm cookie! Spacious room, great shower and great view over the river...slept like a baby in generous sized twin beds! Changed our mind about breakfast as we were now starving....no problem. Delicious fresh food with every choice available. Really helpful staff.....would definitely use again. Only one small niggle...although we appreciated the air con as room was cool, it was a real puzzle how to stop it as it was pretty noisy! However, it went off eventually....we should have just phoned reception who agreed it is a pain but they would have sorted it

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to your most recent stay. We are delighted that you found your room and views to be wonderful. I do hope you will once again consider staying with us.

Kind Regards,

Travellers also viewed these London hotels
Hilton London Canary Wharf
London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel
Hampton by Hilton London Docklands
Point A Hotel London Canary Wharf

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside? Share your experiences!