My first impression of this hotel were disappointing and alarm bells were ringing before i checked in. When trying to find the parking I managed to end up behind one of the wings of the hotel, I wasnt sure if they were flats (council) or the hotel, turns out it was the room I paid £130.00 for the night to stay in. parking was difficult, check in rather simple, I made my way to my room through a series of tight corridors and a lift which made a clapping noise every few seconds on my 90 second ride up 2 floors. I managed to eventually find my room. the bathroom was so small you literally can not shut the door. the views promised are not what you get.
I ordered room service, the gentleman didnt know what cranberry juice was. after a much explanation the food arrived. the person knocked once and then started to kick the door a few second later. I did try and get to the door as soon as possible but he didnt want to wait more than 8 seconds. When i opened the door i undersood why, he was holding a heavy tray and needed me to open the door else he would have dropped it. I suppose the corridors are far too narrow for a conventional room service trolley to zoom through.
the Chips were burnt and very dark brown in colour, you could smell the burnt oil on the soggy chips.
the shower was terrible and very small. My student halls in 2005 were much more pleasant.
Now i appreciate not every hotel in London would be world class but I think the Double Tree and Hilton Brand have let themselves down tremendously to associate themselves with this property.
I would never stay here again even if it was for £20.00 for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your memorable stay begins with a warm, chocolate chip cookie at check-in. DoubleTree by Hilton London - Docklands Riverside, located along the River Thames with stunning views of Canary Wharf - an ideal choice for travellers looking to make the most out of London from a waterside location. This former 17th-century wharf building boasts exposed brickwork and London's last dry dock for shipbuilding. The hotel's very own river ferry provides complimentary river access to the square mile of Canary Wharf as well as connecting you with Thames River Taxi Clippers that offer an unforgettable voyage on the Thames, straight into central London. Only 20 minutes away from London City Airport, the DoubleTree by Hilton London Docklands Riverside is the ideal place to stay when attending events at O2 Arena and the ExCel London conference venue or visiting museums and shopping. If we can't tempt you to take the river taxi, the nearby Underground station or Docklands Light Railway service offer alternative means of getting to the rest of the city. Secure parking for 120 cars is available at the hotel for just £14 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside