“The Knightsbridge Hotel, Beaufort Gardens, Knightsbridge”

Knightsbridge Hotel
Ranked #364 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 August 2010

When a hotel is classed one of the best in the world, you expect to find exactly that and we were not disappointed.
The Knightsbridge Hotel is located in Beaufort Gardens just behind Harrod's and on approach, your greeted with a leafy and tree lined road with neatly painted and tended after town houses.
The Knightsbridge on first glance is very English in the way it stands out proudly displaying a big Union flag.
We arrived mid afternoon and were greeted straight away by a lovely chap at the door taking our luggage to reception to check in.
It was a very quick and easy process with very polite staff who answered all our questions and showed us around the Drawing room and Library. This hotel has all the comforts you would come to expect of a well run and well presented establishment with a Honesty Bar if you want a late night tipple.
We were then shown up to our suite 'The Knightsbridge' and on first impression, your struck by the big sashed picture windows and terrace overlooking the tree lined street below and then by the tastefully and delicately decorated room with a beautiful seated area and open cast iron fireplace.
The bed was impressive with drapes and the best linen as you would expect of a 5* hotel.
The bath room, was well equipped and warm and the shower worked as you wanted it to unlike many other hotels where its too cold or too hot.
Over all, the Knightsbridge is exactly what you would expect on the upper level of chic and with the service second to none with staff that will go out of the way to look after your parking needs, arrange your travel needs, event tickets etc.
We would highly recommend this hotel if you want comfort and luxury as well as friendly and very welcoming service with great shopping, eateries, theatre etc a street away. The hotel has no restaurant but it has an excellent 24 hour menu for room service and a well stocked mini bar.
We will now always stay at the Knightsbridge when in London and have found a lovely place to feel at home. Thank you The Knightsbridge.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ELEGANCE121

Reviewed 8 August 2010

I stayed one night with my 17 year old daughter and wished I could have stayed longer!

From the minute I stepped through the door the staff were excellent and when I was shown to my room I was pleased with everything about it! Like most people I loved the extra touches that made my stay enjoyable! For the first time in ages I slept all night in a very comfortable bed ! We had breakfast in our room which was perfect and checked out easily. I am already planning to go back with my husband and other daughter. This is the first time I have stayed in London and would recommend a hotel I have stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank susan h
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Let me preface this review by acknowledging that I have not actually stayed at the Knightsbridge hotel. However, I stayed in the neighborhood for a few days and I had to comment on their incredible hospitality and kindness.

My (elderly) father was staying in a friend's apartment next door to the hotel for several weeks in June. One day, he became very frustrated because the key to his door was not working. (He is currently recovering from an illness, and gets tired and disoriented very easily.) He was sitting on the stairs next door to the Knightsbridge, when the Manager of the Knightsbridge came out of the hotel and offered to help. He not only solved the problem with the key, but then welcomed my father to come directly to the hotel if he had any further troubles. They allowed him to send packages there during his stay and do work on his computer in the common areas. The Manager and his staff treated my father like an old friend - even though he wasn't a paying customer at the hotel. It's a comfort to know there are such nice people out there in the world.

Although I cannot speak for the rooms, rates, etc, I did have the pleasure of peaking into the reception area and common rooms and found them beautifully decorated with a refreshing artistic aesthetic that I imagine carries out through the rest of the hotel. It's quirky, modern and fun and yet comfortable. The location in Knightsbridge is perfect (a short walk to Hyde Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, etc; tube stops a few blocks away). When I return to London with friends or with my husband, I will surely stay at this wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank Elli2222
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This beautifully decorated hotel, located conveniently in the posh suburb Knightsbridge, has the best charm, service and amenities. The friendliest, knowledgable and loveliest staff, so helpful and obliging. The library and sitting room has the trendiest cozy feel of a home away from home, quaint and old worldly, but with the latest fabrics and furnishings. The rooms are small, but beautifully decorated with the most fashionable and chic wallpaper, gorgeous furniture and the bathrooms are tight but well appointed - everything seems to be NEW. I loved the location of this hotel, the restaurants are close by and so is Zara, Harrods, Harvey Nichols beautiful shopping districts and of course the V&A is close by. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burgsSydney
Reviewed 12 April 2010

From the front desk efficiency and smiles to the comfortable beds and warm bathrooms, the Knightsbridge provides a luxurious stay in a lovely London section. True, there is not a restaurant on site, but room service cuisine is both fine and varied so that one barely notices this. The location is wonderful for both shopping and museum-visiting. The value given for the cost of stay is remarkable, especially for London. We have stayed here twice - very successfully - and look forward to return visits. It's our London "home away from home" for sure!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family