“Lovely hotel and great staff”

Knightsbridge Hotel
Ranked #364 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is a boutique hotel conveniently located next to Harrods, Waitrose, Paul, etc. This means shopping, buying groceries, or going for a walk in hyde park is just a short stroll. I visited with my child, it is important to know that this is not typical hotel with restaurants, spa, pool and all sort of outlets where you can keep your kids entertained, it is more of an adult hotel like most hotels in London, but they have a DVD player in the rooms, they deal with certified babysitters which needs to be booked in advance, couldn't get it on the same day due to short notice and they clearly do not use alternative agencies in such case, fair enough. Also the TV is digital so if you are a Netflix subscriber you can keep your kid entertained, I couldn't connect mine to the internet and my stay was very short anyway. They don't have a spa but they managed to get me a masseuse, Charlotte, and she was great. Also their concierge team is AMAZING! Linas helped me plan my entire 2 days and it was truly a memorable time for me and my child.
There are a couple of sitting rooms at the ground floor where you can order your food or drink from the bar, the room service staff was great and the food was very good. When I fancy most about this hotel is how stylish it is. It has its unique elegance that you clearly see in every aspect of their design and products and I love them for this.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
khgm01, General Manager at Knightsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for writing this lovely review about the Knightsbridge Hotel.
I am very proud of the team, especially Linas, to make your and your child's stay in London very special one.

We all look forward to welcome you back soon to the Knightsbridge Hotel.

General Manager Knightsbridge Hotel

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We loved the Knightsbridge Hotel. Its decor is fabulous, the food service in-room or better yet, in the drawing room and library of the hotel, is pampering and delicious. The location is convenient, but perhaps not our favorite, as while on a side street, it is still right in the center of the Brompton Road/Harrod's scene. But the staff honored our request for a particular room (and what a room it was!), took great care of us for the duration of our visit, and provided seamless five-star service at all times. Moreover, the hotel is simply stunning. Maintenance is impeccable-everything is spotless and pristine. Bed was amazing. All in all, a stellar townhouse hotel that makes you feel quite special.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing this lovely review about the Knightsbridge Hotel.

I am pleased that you found the service and the hotel facilities to your liking and the team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This was a lovely hotel for afternoon tea, we had booked for 13 of us so they arranged the library for us to have privately.
The room was lovely, the food was really nice. They had arranged a diabetic menu for my dad specially and they did a birthday cake plate for my mum as it was for her 60th.
The staff were very attentive and friendly. They had a kids menu available too.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
khgm01, General Manager at Knightsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review about the Afternoon Tea at the Knightsbridge Hotel.

I am pleased that you and your family found the service and the hotel facilities to your liking and the team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

the room was comfortable, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the room was quiet and convenient. I had asked for a kettle in the room and this had been provided. Very comfy bed. so I would choose this again for a one night stay.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and it was backing on to a back yard area which was quiet for London
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
khgm01, General Manager at Knightsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Unfortunately its true after the best part of fifteen year my wife and i have been staying here looks like we are being told "we need stay somewhere else" .
I do like this place , in every way the staff are great its a great place to stay the location is just perfect for us .
There is no restaurant nor bar but they have started doing breakfast down stairs which is great ,and there is a nice sitting area and an honesty bar its a very quiet location.
We stay here maybe 2 to 4 weeks every year so i would consider us a pretty good customer .
So what happened is two weeks ago we were here staying in room 202 and asked to be moved after the first night because of the size of the bathroom and the fact that the suite has the shower over the bath tub we were moved .
So we come back to check in again and guess what they give us 202 again well you can imagine I was not very happy .
So after asking to be moved again (i was told all the rooms with a separate showers were taken and people who were in them had been there for a month this was not true as I was in one of these rooms just three days beforehand ).
So asked to see duty manager and guess what i was told ,If we do not have the room you want we will let you know and you can go somewhere else , not the best thing to tell a customer like me .
So am now on my journey to find a new hotel to stay in , shame really .
But I am sure you will all have a great time here if you want a bath that when you shower in the whole bathroom gets saturated .

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orange5255
khgm01, General Manager at Knightsbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, which I am very concerned to read, please do contact me to discuss your stay with us.
I am looking forward to hear from you.

Knightsbridge Hotel