“Brilliant - cheaper and better than a hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Citadines Barbican London
Ranked #449 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberystwyth, Wales, UK
“Brilliant - cheaper and better than a hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Booked through late rooms and had a little discount off the walk-in price - brilliant value. Even if you're not going to cook, it's great to have a proper fridge and crockery. Little things like a drying rack over the bath, ironing board, iron, hair dryer ... All the usual stuff is there ... Tea coffee, etc to get you started, shampoo shower gel ... Even washing up liquid and tabs for the dishwater. King size sofa bed. Pleasantly decorated, clean, plenty of room.

Had a bit of trouble yanking the sofa bed out - rang reception and they were up to sort in 2 mins.

Had read reviews about it being cold - seems fine - spare blanket in wardrobe Nd plenty of pillows.

Excellent location - so handy and quiet, too.

Nice to have a bit of privacy and settle in for a few nights

I will def 100% be coming back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank patmoffett
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to have you stay with us, we appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I'd walked past this Hotel many times as its near to one of my London clients offices and decided I'd give it a try when next overnighting there. A bit different to the usual hotel stay as you walk in the room and there's no bed (however, lots of space ala appartment style) then seeing the fold away I thought - oh no, I'm going to have to make up the bed! However, when pulled down it was all neatly prepared and just needed pillows. Overall it was fabulous, very quiet (facing the side of the building) good quality utilities, very clean and very well laid out.
I went out to a nearby restaurant and cafe for dinner and breakfast - lots of choice - so very well placed.Can't recommend it enough - I'll certainly return.

Room Tip: Side room worked well for me!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Ernie M
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you appreciated our apartment style concept.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

You get what you pay for at the Citadines. Basic studio apartment style rooms furnished with cheap but sturdy and functional furniture. It reminded me of student accommodation at a university. I had a pull out sofa bed in my room (relatively comfortable). Rooms are serviced once a week only unless you ask (and pay) for additional service ahead of time. My only complaint really is the unsightly (dirty and soiled looking) carpets throughout the hotel corridors and rooms. I was glad I had brought a pair of flip flops to walk on in the room as I would not have my feet touch the carpet. I would urge management to do something about this as a priority. There are no amenities in the Citadines itself - but the YMCA across the road has a well equipped gym which accepts guests for £8/day. The only bit of in-room luxury is a relatively strong Wifi connection. I stayed here because of the low rates and prime location in central London and that was what I got (together with quiet and fairly spacious room). Not recommended if you are looking for a romantic city break or special touches.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GDP33
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all feedback which helps us to improve our services and facilities.

I am sorry to read your comment concerning the carpet in your room, I can assure you that deep cleaning of all carpets is done on a quarterly basis and they are cleaned weekly or whenever a new resident arrives. I have however, forwarded your comments to our housekeeper for review.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Was really unhappy to find that the room advertised as a studio double isn't a double but a sofa bed and a pop up bed..... Not impressed.

The room was small and in need of re-decorating.

Bathroom was nice and clean with a good shower though.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Dan W
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your room layout; our room types do vary and we would have been glad to show you other studios if your discomfort was made known to us during your stay.

Once again, I apologise that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable, but I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

The Hotel is very good. Its very near to Tube. Staff is very good and helpful.Have three Indian hotels around. It also has a complete kitchen set-up with utensils as well.That’s the best part.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ravi S
Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Citadines Barbican. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.