“Great location and price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #385 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great location and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I booked this hotel for carling cup final weekend. Great location just off oxford street with plenty of shops, bars restaurants etc nearby. The hotel is modern and our twin room was spacious and very clean & tidy. Had a small problem with our TV but that was quickly sorted by the staff. The nova bar in the hotel was very nice but pricey. Alberto on reception was a very helpful guy. Having stayed in numerous london hotels I can def recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank hedger2
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review on the Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure having you here and I hope you enjoyed staying with us at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel.

We are always proud of our hotel's location, as we have Oxford Street on our doorstep, it is indeed in a great location for shopping, theatres and having the night life spots of the West End are only a few minutes away. I am also delighted that you liked our hotel's modern decor, atmosphere and the room cleanliness.

I am glad that Alberto was helpful during your stay with us, please rest assured that I will make sure that he gets credited for your recognition. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

stayed here for a theatre trip which was meant to be over 2 nights, 1st night i was on my own and was greeted in a very polite and friendly manner, staff were extremely helpful, for the 2nd night when my friend arrived unfortunately there were no twin rooms left so they even arranged for a transfer to another sister hotel which had a better room with a huge king-size bed - perfect for 2 girlies who normally sleep with their husbands but who couldn't get a twin!!! clean but a bit small the room at the sussex was perfect for one night but I have to say it was the staff who made the whole thing so pleasant - clean and well stocked I would definitely recommend this hotel. On the first night I even ventured to the bar on my own and the 3 bar staff were SO friendly, Meryem and the Portugese bar manager especially - amazing cocktails and great to sit and chat with over a few lovely drinks - thank you radisson!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank louise s
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for a fantastic review. We appreciate you taking the time in sharing your encouraging feedback on Tripadvisor about your stay with Radisson Edwardian hotels.

I was delighted to know that you found our staff to be helpful, hospitable, polite and welcomed you with a warm and friendly manner. I was also glad to learn that my colleagues at our "Nova Bar" Meryem, Gulden and Daniel made your evening more pleasant and enjoyable over few of our amazing cocktails.

I was sorry to learn that we had to transfer you to our sister hotel on the second night of your stay, but I am very pleased that you have had an amazing time at the Mercer Street Hotel and enjoyed your trip to London for the theatre shows.

We here at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in London.

Kind Regards
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex in June of 2011. The front desk were helpful and friendly. They arranged for overnight shoe polish and these were delivered without problem. The room was of a decent size, though the bathroom was a bit small and the space above the sink was minimal for toiletries. There is free wifi throughout the hotel. I would say that this hotel was good enough, but nothing memorable. I found it a bit overpriced at 250 USD/night. I have stayed in nicer boutique hotels in London for less than that.

Also, apparently, there is a swimming pool, but I wasn't informed about this during my visit. Front desk didn't mention it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback, I do appreciate you taking the time to write us a review about your stay with us at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel. I am glad to hear to you were happy with our services, staff, room size and facilities, I would like also to apologise if the bathroom size was not suitable for your needs.

We always aim to make the stay of our guests memorable and we tend to provide not only good, or great but a fantastic service, but I am sorry if that was not the case for your stay with us, and we are always happy to receive any feedback from our guests for improvements.

There are always offers at our hotel that might catch your interest, you can always check our website for more information, may I recommend to you our "Early Booking Discount" offer, which will allow you to save up to %20 of any future booking that you would make, please check the terms & conditions of that particular offer.

We do have a fitness room in basement of the hotel, but unfortunately we do not have a swimming pool, but you might be interested in our in-room spa which can be arranged with our operator simply by dialling '0' from the room.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel is ideally located for anyone wishing to shop in Oxford St. It is very near to Marble Arch tube station and a number of bus routes.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room but as we were very late arriving we did not get the smoking room that we...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank howling_bibe
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write this short, and yet to the point review about your stay with us at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel.

With Oxford Street on our doorstep, we are indeed in the best location for shopping and theatres and night life of the West End are only a few minutes away.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your request for a smoking room on this occasion but I do hope it will not be long before you book with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can oversee the allocation of your room. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to try some of the wonderful dishes from our "Nova Bar" that offers a selection of British dishes with an oriental twist on your next visit.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you again soon. Best Regards.
Conwy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

finding a quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced boutique hotel in London is getting harder and harder as many hoteliers confuse the word "boutique" with small and scruffy.
This hotel is smallish but certainly not scruffy. It has a modern designer style and with very friendly staff. Lucas asked me to give him a special mention as I checked out, but in fairness all the staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. Tucked away in a quiet location a matter of 1 minute's walk from Oxford Street, this nice hotel is well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank colyngardner
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on the Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that our hotel facilities were up to your standards.

I am also delighted that you liked our hotel's atmosphere and our modernised décor. I hope that you took advantage of our hotel’s location on your trip to London, as it is just a few steps away from Oxford Street, Hyde Park and other attractions. We are always proud of our staff, and I am glad that they made your stay more hospitable.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London and to welcoming you back to Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel.

I wish you all the best and I hope to see you before the Olympics 2012.

Best Regards,